Originally Posted By: blumsden
I may wait about spraying some of mine, because i'm planting sunflowers and milo for dove and i don't want to plant it to quick, so i may let mine die on its own.

I like that idea. I would at least wait long enough to give the crimson clover seed time to fully mature. Then, if you have a good stand established, you can just scratch it off of your list of things to buy this fall. Maybe grab a bag of durana or aroowleaf to add to the mix instead. Not spraying and rotating with the natural maturity of the crops will also allow you to avoid spraying, which will allow you to keep growing things like clovers and such non-stop without killing them off. If it eventually gets to where there is just too much clover to establish other things amongst it….which is not really a bad problem to have…..I think a very weak dose of gly at that point would stunt the clover enough to establish an overstory plant like sunn hemp or rye in the fall, while still keeping the clover alive to rebound in the understory. That will probably be a future experiment.

Last edited by CNC; 04/15/15 02:31 AM.

We dont rent pigs