Originally Posted By: CNC
Originally Posted By: RiverWood
It's a lower cost way to establish deer plants.

I agree. The savings in time, labor, fert, lime, etc…is all pretty substantial in the long term. You can still however, accomplish the same food plot goals as what many others are doing now with much more costly methods in terms of all of the previously mentioned inputs. You say that this method can’t compete with 257’s true farming method but what goals is he accomplishing that I am not by spending so much more to “farm” his deer plots? Is the field below suffering from lack of deer use? Is it suffering from lack of forage? I’m merely suggesting that these things can be accomplished through much simpler, more efficient means than what others are promoting to do.. If I can use a method that accomplishes these same goals without using any fertilizer or herbicide as well as saving half the tractor time…then it looks like that would be something that any food plotter would find interesting. I’m sure some will still continue to suggest that it isn’t possible though and the only way to do it is to apply heavy amounts of fert, lime, and plenty of herbicide. Folks are free to choose. I’m just offering an alternative.

When did you stop fertilizing?

83% of all statistics are made up.