I will say this on the matter. Each timber company (I have had the privilege of hunting on several tracks owned by different large scale companies) has a different approach on how they manage their lands. It seems to me that certain practices seem to help all the wildlife over the practices of other companies. For example, I hunted for 3 seasons on a club owned by a company whose goal seemed to be that the ideal number of pole pines grown where 100 or so per acre. From the cut process at this stage, they never replanted because it took them about 30 years to get that 100 trees per acre, as they thinned, they used minimal Trax in and out the parcel, and relied on natural regeneration. The land as never really a clear cut because of the multi stages of trees on each parcel.
That being said, I have hunted on the lands of some of the mentioned companies on this thread and other similar companies that cut all the way to the streams, ringed the oaks out in the clear cuts so they would die, and cut every hardwood strip on their property when the chance arose. In three years or so, an armadillo would have a hard time living, much less a turkey.
But I still believe that predator control, combined with habitat loss, is the key to population management.