Ok, I have hunted a few times on BIG clubs, like 3000 acres and larger, and not saying they all do it like this, BUT the few I been on have. We would all meet up, decide where standers are gonna go, who and how many dogs are getting dropped out, go put out standers. Then go drop out 15 dogs and just let em go.. Now this is fine if that what you like, but we do it a little different. OK, we get around and get us a game plan, the guy we hunt with is on the farm everyday of the week. He knows where what deer is or at least the area. SO, we see which way the wind is blowing, most times when we jump the deer, it puts its nose into the wind, and goes. Then we decide which stander is going where, never matters really, we all get along. I am about the youngest except one 18 year old, so we usually get where we can cover two spots and move around to catch the dogs. Then we decide which dogs to take, no more than 3 at a time, that's a lot for one person to catch, usually it's just two dogs. Well we all leave out and go get in our spots, some of the older men, carry dove stools to sit on while waiting. The driver doesn't let out the dogs until all standers are ready and in position, now as a stander you need to be quite and easy slipping in your spot. I have seen ALOT of time a deer get up about 50 yards from you once you stop, and a lot of deer will "slip out" in front of the driver once he drops the tail gate. OK, all standers are in place, we tell the driver we are ready, he lets the dogs out and heads our way, usually around 200 to 800 yards away. The dogs usually jump, fairly quick, the driver has the best chance at the deer, seeing it get up in front of him. when the dogs jumps the deer, he gets on radio and tells every one the dogs has jumped, and I am watching on the GPS, seeing where the dogs are going, but we can usually hear them, when they get the deer hot, and headed to you, you get ready. Everybody makes there own decision to kill the deer or not, may be to small, or may not be what they want to kill. once you see the deer cross, you get where it crossed and wait on the dogs, when they come out you holler at them and call them, then we leash them. I sometimes take my foot and kick back the leaves to expose the dirt, so the dogs lose the trail for a second, so I have a better chance to catch the dog. But when you kill the deer, they stop at it. It's ALOT harder to catch the dogs than people think, it really is, especially if you let the deer go or get by you. sometimes the deer will smell you and turn, and go a different direction, or a older doe or buck will go a different route every time. But most deer have their "escape" routes they take and that's where the standers get. We catch the dogs 95% of the time, the other 5% isn't fun, but we do our very best to stop them. And if our dogs get on others land, and they catch them, they call the GW, we get a written warning on our dog permit, after three they pull the permit. So if someone's dogs are getting on your land just catch the dog and call the GW, after three times they CAN'T dog hunt anymore. "Not saying the dog should ever be on your land." Not sure if this makes sense, but it's how we do it, and will do it tomm. Just trying to clear up a few things for yall.

"You do and it will be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush popper" John Wayne