I think one of the most important aspects of this topic is everytime some hunter kills someones pet especially a childs or multiple childs pet as in the ops case we have just created several new anti hunters. I really think we need to think of the long term consequences of our actions. Also I have hunted Illinois quite a bit and where I hunt most places I can see for 1/2 mile or more in several directions with several farm houses in sight, I have watched farm dogs roam all over these fields sometimes very close to deer and very seldom does it disturb the deer. I understand sometimes dogs chase deer but when they cohabit in the same area it doesn't take them long to get used to each other. Bottom line the dogs seem to bother the hunter more than the deer. I also know very well the hunters side of this because years ago I thought the dogs were ruining my hunting too so I killed one, probably 300yds behind someones house, I am sure it was their pet. To be honest a guilt set in on me and to this day I still feel terrible about it. I quess some of us just have a conscious.