Originally Posted By: bigt
ikillbux weighing the deer kills if done year to year on the same piece of property is a good way to judge the health of the deer population. If I am hunting somewhere where that is not a concern then I do not weigh them then either.

Oh yeah, and I thought about that. That's why the military base does it (they're on some sort of QDM program with Auburn). I reckon I'm just saying as a hunter, not being on a lease or other private land that "requires" it, it's just not a factor I'm concerned with about my deer. I sort of took the question as asking if I judged the "trophy worthiness" of my bucks by their weight, because you so frequently hear folks bragging about how much their buck weighed. I've just never been impressed with body sizes, because there's no 100% correlation to antler size. And in the culture I've grown up hunting in, weight of the deer was just a side note at best. I've never mounted a 14" pencil-racked deer because he field dressed 200 lbs, for example. But I have mounted 130" deer that field dressed 130 lbs.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.