Had a great morning on Cahaba, as it starting to go off. At 7:00am I grunted and then rattled. Heard grunting in front of me and something sliding down the hill from the road, but also heard a crash behind me. Since I heard the grunting in front of me I focused solely there. After 10min and no movement I reached for the rattle bag and a 6pt ran back up the hill, tried to get the scope on him but I am borrowing someone else's gun and it wouldn't focus well with the fog and the fine adjustment, by the time I decide to shoot anyways, he gets back up the hill on the road and gives me a great blow job out of sight. Thinking that every deer in the area knew my whereabouts I cussed to myself, looked to my left downwind and there stood a beast. Couldn't get a great look at the rack, but messed with the scope again and by the time I get it situated he trotted up the hill away from me. Lots of mass and well outside of the ears. Got down from the stand around 9:00, made a circle downwind of the direction the big one went, but no luck but did see where he crossed a road. Then I opted to circle where I saw the first one go and no luck. At 11:10 I decided to move stand locations and remain there for the rest of the day, but thought I should look down in the clearcut while I was walking the road and spotted a buck down in the valley working his way up the other side. After missing the other two opportunities I took him. I've only killed 9 other deer before in 17 years of hunting, 2 in Alabama and 7 in Wisconsin(5 last year). All does or spikes, but nothing with an actual rack. He has 4 points on the left, but his brow on the right didn't come in fully and was lacking a g3 on that side too making him a 6pt. Not a giant, but my biggest yet and tomorrow I hope the missus lets me go out with the bow so I can go after the giant before I leave for a week and miss all the action.

Last edited by swam4au; 12/20/14 12:54 PM.