Originally Posted By: Talltines
Originally Posted By: Matt Brock
Some of you saying "most" or "40-60%" need a reality check. That is NOT the case anywhere in AL. Heck, it's not even the case in most of the Midwest. Having a bunch of 140+ deer killed in a particular area does not give anyone a glimpse of the actual average score, or percentage of score breakdowns. I can guarantee that there are more mature bucks under 140, than over. Way more. You may be selecting the 140+ bucks to kill, but you're leaving a lot of mature bucks in the population.

I'd say in our area it's probably 5%, maybe less than that. And we are in a good area with good genetics.

I reckon you had Satellites watching my property to make sure My deer weren't breaking what some study said about some deer in another state. Really you have to argue with anyone that gives there $.02. I knew my age structure I knew my Buck to doe ratio, Fawn ratio, And weights.

Were you saying 40-60% killed, or average of ALL mature bucks seen while hunting and camera surveys? I would believe 40% killed for you and bamabucks14, but of ALL the mature deer on the property that number would be hard to believe.

Last edited by foldemup; 12/18/14 11:44 AM.

If you want to always win, never play anyone better than you!