Originally Posted By: robgillaspie
49er,

Is there anyway that Bucky can recover any of the money he has spent defending himself here. Or is the LEO covered by the state. They can write you a ticket that no jury is going to find guilty and then they have nothing to worry about.

Or is there some system that holds them accountable for writing tickets to honest citizens, that are found not guilty.

According to Fred or Troy, most of these violation are judgement calls.

How does a LEO know what he was thinking or doing. If he never made a move to take game.

Only if he sues for false arrest, which would be beyond difficult to win.

Originally Posted By: Bucky205
Latest Update,

The judge denied the the DA's motion to nolle prosuquied. Even though the State had already entered into an agreement to nolle proc. So we are headed back to trial on May 9, 2011. The assistant DA said this was the first time she had ever seen this happen.

Wow. Interesting turn of events. I "suspect" that there have been numerous DCNR's browsing this and the other thread regarding ticketed offenses. Wouldn't surprise me at all if some phone calls were made from Montgomery to discuss your situation. That's the problem with the internet - sure, you can tell your story, but undesirable audiences can see/hear it too. Like this guy, and others...

Originally Posted By: Realmarine
Real Marines; adapt, overcome, and improvise but they never whine. The only question the judge asks is guilty or not guilty. On this forum you already plead guilty. Just ingnorant of the law. My advice is to Marine up pay the court cost and the 50.00 fine and move on. There is no reason to sound like the guy in the wholesale car.com commercial saying why, why, why me.
Lets get back to talking about deer hunting...
SEMPER FI

Last edited by bamachem; 04/13/11 11:32 AM.

MOLON LABE