Originally Posted By: truedouble
CNC, you never addressed my original post, other than name calling (you can insert your pic. of the baby crying here)…but serious question, you obviously know more about dirt, than most of us care to know. But in the big picture, what exactly is that doing for you? Or in other words, how does your knowledge make you a more successful hunter or habitat manager?

Well, I suppose it makes me a more well rounded “consultant” or “manager” or whatever label you want to give it….who understands what things I need and what things I don’t or why I’m using this tool/method versus using that one. If you don’t truly understand soils then you don’t truly understand how a plant grows or how plant communities grow. In order to really see the Big Picture as you say, then you need to see that the soil, the plants, and the animals are truly all one.

People spend all kinds of time and money on food plots these days with no real idea “why” other than its what the guy at the feed store said to do or its what everyone else is doing, etc…I guess if I didn’t know this stuff then I’d keep on hauling in load after load of lime that’s not necessary…I’d keep pouring on bag after bag of potash…..I’d keep going to the hunting club for weekends prior to the actual planting weekend to spray and disk and cultipack, etc. I'd keep doing all kinds of stuff that's not necessary and inefficient.

Long-term, knowing is saving me a lot of time and money as well as making my plot better and better.

Last edited by CNC; 12/07/14 12:33 PM.

We dont rent pigs