Troy, I always, always have my 30-06 with me when I'm on the farm. A few years ago we had a really wet fall. There's a low area in our largest hay field that we didn't cut on the last cutting of hay because it was too wet. That was the year that I had killed 8 coyotes during the daytime in that same hay field.

Sometime around Christmas I had taken a deer carcass over to that field and put it in the wide open field 100 yards from the woodline, along a fence, and put a camera on it to see if I had wiped out the yotes. The carcass had been out for a few days and something had drug it about 10 yards, so after I finished Sunday lunch at Mommas, I drove over in my truck to check the camera. I left 4 sets of pasture gates open on my way over because I was only gonna be a few minutes. Remember, I always have my ought6, except that day. I pulled up to about 50 yards from the camera, got out of the truck and stroll over to the camera. When I got about 30 yards from the truck I hear grass break. I look up and here comes 100lbs of dog, wide open and growling. I had nothing to do but run back to the truck. I got in an closed the door about 1/2 second before the dog got to the truck. It was one of those big white fluffy goat protecting dogs. I slammed my truck in drive, passed Mommas house running about 60 and slid into my back yard. I grabbed my ought6 that was propped inside the back door and headed back to the camera site. When I got back the dog came up out of the grass and headed towards the truck, growling. I turned the truck sideways and shot out of the window. The dog didn't make it. I normally have one or both of my kids with me but I sure was glad they weren't there that day. I wouldn't have had time to throw 2 kids in the truck before the dog got there.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14