The court date is April 4, 2011. I will post the outcome.

There are no trespass laws pertaining to RR's in the state of Alabama.

The Attorney General defines 9-11-257 issued in an opinion which I previously posted.

9-11-257 had a specific purpose and it was not safety.

It is an extremely slippery slope when you start down the road of loose interpretation of law by LEO’s.

I commend those that provide supporting documents for their arguments. If your opinion consists of nothing more than rhetoric, you are entitled to that opinion but are almost certainly biased by employment or other reasons.

Officer Nix when he cited me informed me that I was guilty because I had come to the management area to harm or pursue wildlife with the intent to kill wildlife, and by drawing a WMA permit I proved this point. If that is the state’s opinion on hunters utilizing Alabama land it needs to be addressed. I pulled a permit because it authorizes me to carry a rifle on a WMA.
I hunted probably 30 days this year. I saw numerous deer both buck and doe. I harvested one eight point and one doe. My grandchildren spent time with me on WMA’s this year. We saw a variety of wildlife and learned about the woods and the animals that live there. This is why we have conservation officers and not police officers in the woods.

I specifically asked Officer Nix with someone else present, if the citation was for having a rifle on a RR track. I was told BY Officer Nix the charge was hunting and I would have been guilty even if I had had a bow.

The only charge I have ever had in 50 years of life is a misdemeanor for walking back to my truck down a railroad track which I am in the process of appealing, and if you don’t believe after defending peoples rights for 20 years of my life that I won’t fight this to the top, you’re wrong.

"There are no easy days, not even yesterday"