Originally Posted By: BOB
BPS, The one legged guy has been hanging out at the Cottondale station for at least 2 weeks now. I have been on 2-10 shift for 2 weeks now, he has been there every night when I get off. He seems sincere to me, I gave him a some the first night, said he needed to pay his car insurance. He gave the story about just losing his leg and disability hasn't started yet. I will see if he is there tonight.

WOW! Very small world I guess. You know I have given to some shady people and was pretty sure I was getting screwed but I had it to spare. His situation was totally different and he didnt seem to be high or anything but appreciative of my help. My son was with me that day. Due to all the gear in the truck, I guess he could tell we were preparing for hunting season. He told my son that he hoped he killed a really big buck this season. I didnt feel like I got screwed with him.

Now if he's been hanging out there for 2 weeks, maybe he is telling the truth. The way our government works it could take months for him to get approved and finally get a check. I'm not sure how long it takes to get the ball rolling on disability.

Crazy that I'm not the only one who has encountered him. You know if I had it to do over again, I would ask him some questions. Ask about why his leg was removed to begin with. If the whole thing really turned out to be legit, I have some connections that maybe could help him a good bit more than just me.

Last edited by BPS; 10/20/14 03:31 PM.

If your decoy doesnt have holes in it, your not letting him get close enough... J.H.

"Life lessons are almost never found where you think they should be, sometimes they're in the middle of a small, muddy creek in the woods with steep banks"... DeadorAlive