I've dealt with that guy on Clinton Ave before. He's legit but real secretive. I don't think he is licensed to sell retail in that location or something. He probably thought you were the po po.

Originally Posted By: FastXD
The guy I am talking about was a dealer and had a shop on Clinton Ave. The gun I bid on was a pellet gun so no FFL was required. I offered to meet him at Big Spring Cafe which was less than a mile from his shop but he wouldn't do it and insisted that I pay the shipping. Oh I had cash in hand but he insisted on a credit card, the whole deal was really suspicious.

Originally Posted By: roadkill
Originally Posted By: FastXD
If this is the guy i think it is, I bought a pellet gun from him last year. I work in Huntsville about 5 miles from his location. I bid top dollar for this gun and he would not let me drive over or meet to get the gun but wanted to charge $30 toship it less than 10 miles. So he basically got to kebep the gun and i got a no paying bidder. Oh well it was his loss for being an a$$. I wouldn't buy it from him for $300.

Pretty sure this is a sales broker - they take guns in on consignment then do the complete sales process. There is one called "Silent Industries" in Madison that does this. They charge a percentage of the sale and the seller doesn't have to deal with transfer, FFL, photos, the public or shipping.