I can't hardly remember how many years it's been but I sure can't forget this nightmare of a turkey.

This particular year started off good,I had struck a couple of times early and thought my season would be over quick.Little did I know the next bird I found would be my nemesis,got on him one morning and boy was he hot,I thought it would be over in just a few minutes but, he whipped me all over that mountain.I said to him as I was leaving you can kiss your tail feathers goodbye, tomorrow your dead,little did I know he would kick my butt for the next few weeks.I finally figured he was unkillable,and was just gonna give up on him.I went over to Kelcy's and told him I couldn't kill that bird and didn't think anyone could,he smiled and said you mind if I try,I said go ahead but get ready for a beating.

Kelcy called me in couple of days and told me to come over,so I went over there and when I get there he had a nice long beard hanging in a tree by his porch.I got out and was looking at the bird when Kelcy walked up and said do you want to hear about him,I said sure.He said he had went up the ridge that I had told him that hard to kill turkey stayed on,and sure enough he gobbled in just about the place I was telling him he would be.He said he got up there and set down gave him a call,and that bird came unwound,and in just a few minutes he could hear him drummin,and a few minutes later there he was,Laughing he said when I flipped the safety off that turkey poked his head up and said oh s@%t that aint Chili bowl,I asked him what he did differently,he chuckled and, said I killed him.

I would rather be turkey hunting