Just got back from Cahaba WMA. No cell service while there. Saw 6 does and 3 fawns. BUT the highlight of my day came around 3 PM.

I decided to get down around 2 PM to scout another area and put my cameras out where I was hunting a particular buck last year. I had to clear a path that I used last year just to get to the location so I'm making quite a bit of noise getting through there. I finally get to the spot where last years scraps and rubs were and the bucks trail was noticeably still used because it's worn down more than it was last year so I'm excited at this point. Now all I need to do is get this camera strapped on then I'm backing out.

While strapping the camera to the tree I hear a very loud stick SNAP right behind me, it startled me because I was so focused on being quiet, as I turned around I see a large doe running full speed straight at me! I just froze and things start to happen in slow motion lol. As I jumped out of my boots she takes a hard left literally about 5 feet away from me and keeps trucking. It happened so fast I didn't know what to think.

I figured she was already running on the trail I was placing the camera on and didn't see me, then when she scared me I turned and scared her at the same time. I think me and her both about crapped ourselves. shocked

She was one of the does I saw earlier in the morning but she had her fawn with her then. I knew it was her because she is the lightest colored doe I've ever seen and was noticeably older.

Vestavia

"It's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good!"