</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
For Sale: 2011 F150 Supercrew Cab
by LetOff. 06/07/24 12:45 PM
30-30 ammo for sale
by Ron A.. 06/07/24 10:11 AM
Dog crate
by Rem870s2. 06/07/24 09:33 AM
FS: Summit 180 Climber
by FreeStateHunter. 06/07/24 08:49 AM
FS: Browning Trail Cameras, Cell and regular
by FreeStateHunter. 06/07/24 08:42 AM
Serious Deer Talk
New Tracking Rules
by Ridge Life. 06/07/24 02:45 PM
Permission to retrieve deer
by hawndog. 06/07/24 02:43 PM
Fawn Predation
by Goatkiller. 06/07/24 10:24 AM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by CNC. 06/06/24 06:43 PM
Here you go CNC
by CNC. 06/05/24 09:23 PM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Iso
by AustinC. 05/21/24 05:01 PM
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Who's Online Now
114 registered members (coldtrail, Sandmtnslayer, oldbowhunter, Turkey Petter, Gobble4me757, Remington270, aubigmac, Four_Horse, Dragfan66, treemydog, Buckshot77, Lil_Fella, SouthBamaSlayer, Tree Dweller, DoubleShoalsJR, Morris, Scooter7, JA, Skullworks, BCD, Cahabariverrat, Overland, CKyleC, grundan, oldandwise, Shaneomac2, oakachoy, Ridge Life, crenshawco, Droptine-13, Andalusia, Chaser357, hawndog, BearBranch, Moose24, Austin1, BCLC, Okatuppa, Brian_C, jhardy, BurningBright, Cactus_buck, kyles, FreeStateHunter, clayk, outdoorguy88, IDOT, Lvlhdd, woodduck, hamma, NorthFork, CAL, HuntsvilleVol, tmhrmh1, ShoeFly, thayerp81, Garndawg, XVIII, Jcalloway, brett.smith, BentBarrel, Gunpowder, Rainbowstew, sloughfoot, trlrdrdave, cartervj, BradB, Big Bore, foldemup, Fishduck, Rolloverdave, duxlayer, klay, akbejeepin, CNC, abolt300, cullbuck, rutwad, NotsoBright, ALDawg, eclipse829, TexasHuntress, YellaLineHunter, Bcleck90, JDW25, AU7MM08, Big AL 76, twaldrop4, oldforester, TCG5, robinhedd, pvillehunter, Mbrock, Hester, MikeP, UncleHuck, Young20, MAG, Jbf, GomerPyle, !shiloh!, BobK, Joe4majors, 11 invisible), 705 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: TChunter] #1112383
10/15/14 02:25 AM
10/15/14 02:25 AM
Harpersville, AL
tfd1224 Offline
14 point
tfd1224  Offline
14 point
Harpersville, AL
Originally Posted By: TChunter
Originally Posted By: TooTall
Personally not a fan of this. All life on this earth deserves respect, this was not that. God made every creature that inhabits this place and they all have a purpose.

I understand the devastation these hogs cause, but they are just being hogs. Build a trap, kill as many as you can, and use the meat or donate it. This is the kind of thing that non-hunters see and think this is what all hunters are like.

I agree with the last part of this completely. I knew when I seen tannerite becoming so popular it was just a matter of time before antis see these types of videos and start up the BS. Ive said for awhile now tannerite will become outlawed and if you think ARs and .22 ammo sells for a premium stock up on that stuff and sit on it, just wait.

only problem is, its really easy to make. pretty cheap too.

Yeah c’mon. Daniel White
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: TooTall] #1112413
10/15/14 02:58 AM
10/15/14 02:58 AM
Mobile Alabama
TChunter Offline
Booner
TChunter  Offline
Booner
Mobile Alabama

Honestly, sometimes when I take an animal, I do get a little choked up thinking about how that being gave up it's life so I could continue on. I think about how it's energy is going to become mine, and what a gift that is. I stand over the animal and think about how one day, that is going to be me lying there, having taken my last breath. I hope my last moments aren't at the hands of somebody just trying to get their rocks off.

While this is a little over the top on the "touchy feely" scale I see what you are saying. I also am thankful for each animal and I feel like God wants us to be. Native Americans view/viewed them the same way. A resource to be thankful for and given respect. I think when you stop realizing that in some sense and taking a moment in the woods after a kill to at least thank the Good Lord you need to stop. Animals deserve better than that and aren't just an adrenaline fix. I always stop, kneel and say a quick prayer next to each deer. Im thankful God gave it to me to feed my family with and enjoy.

I have also been subjected to a lot of strong chemicals over time though so your mileage may vary.

On the Eighth day God created flounder.
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: Hogwild] #1112500
10/15/14 04:02 AM
10/15/14 04:02 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Originally Posted By: shooters
Originally Posted By: deadeye
We blow up people - why not hogs?
Because it might offend the anti-hunters or hog loves like Hogwild! rofl

You know......that BS is getting f'ing OLD!!!

Just because I try to hunt LEGAL and ETHICAL and don't give a fat rat's ass if you EVER get paid again to kill or trap any animal again.......does not give you the Right to put words in my mouth!!

I have caught/killed more hogs accidentally while hunting a good place to than you have EVER killed on purpose. So save the 'Hogwild' comments. It is a healthy thing to do.

Thanks! smile
I am sorry your highness! I wrote it as a joke. So its OK for you to make comments about me but for me to JOKE with you is wrong! I so humbley apologize to the GOD of the hogs! I will never mention you Holniess name again! Even I a joking manner. AS far as a healthy comments thing to do, your the last thing IM worried about. If you cant take it, dont dish it out! thumbup

Even if it had been funny the 1st 10 or 12 times you made the reference, it has long since been worn out.

And, as far as I know, I have not been dishing anything out to you.....I don't even know you???

I asked you before to drop the 'hog lover' stuff, or implications that I somehow was 'protecting' or 'promoting' hogs. I will act like you forgot and we will just say this is a reminder.

Carry on! smile
OR what??? 2 times in the 2 days I made a comment= jokingly. Once In hog forum once here= not 12 or 15 times. I thought we where getting along in the hog forum, having BOTH of our opions share about the Federal Laws about blowing -up hogs. I even agreed with you and moved on. But you all of a sudden get" Sand In Your Vagina" and start with the " For Your Health" vail threats crap! Im sorry if your skin is so very thin, im not a mind reader. People on here make fun off me all the time, I dont let it bother me. I promise you this I will never metion your name again, no matter how many references you make to or about me. If you want to act like a 13 year old girl thats fine with me. But to lie and say you never promote or try to protect hogs is a bald face lie! The fact that you enjoy is fine with me. You started talking about " AHDHA" and your other view on what YOu can and cant do with hogs OWN your property and i never said 1 word. You promote the sport of hog dog hunting, and I have never said one word about that. I only disagree with you on some of the issue you have with hogs NOT be a nusiance. You are entitled to you opinion on hogs as I am on mine. We differ on many opinion about hogs,hog trapping, and so on. But it seams to ME that your the one always Blowing -up and making comments=directly or indirectly about or to me in some manner. LIke i said I will Never,Never,Never mention your name again. Im sorry that your skin is so very thin, I honestly though we where both haveing a good time till you blew -up on me! So you can keep your" For you health comments" , im not going to ever conversate with you again!

Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: Hogwild] #1112518
10/15/14 04:10 AM
10/15/14 04:10 AM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Online content OP
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Online Content OP
Northport, AL

...So save the 'Hogwild' comments. It is a healthy thing to do.

Am I missing something, or did someone just threaten physical violence?

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: GomerPyle] #1112532
10/15/14 04:14 AM
10/15/14 04:14 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
God of Hogs doesn't threaten. He unleashes the hogs.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: GomerPyle] #1112536
10/15/14 04:15 AM
10/15/14 04:15 AM
Northport, AL
Northport, AL

Last edited by GomerPyle; 10/15/14 04:16 AM.

3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: Clem] #1112554
10/15/14 04:25 AM
10/15/14 04:25 AM
Mobile Alabama
TChunter Offline
Booner
TChunter  Offline
Booner
Mobile Alabama
Originally Posted By: Clem
God of Hogs doesn't threaten. He unleashes the hogs.

Or the hog dogs...YIKES!

On the Eighth day God created flounder.
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: shooters] #1112562
10/15/14 04:28 AM
10/15/14 04:28 AM
Wedowee
M
mirage243 Offline
6 point
mirage243  Offline
6 point
M
Wedowee
im not going to ever conversate with you again! [/quote]

Can you add me to that list?

Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: GomerPyle] #1112584
10/15/14 04:38 AM
10/15/14 04:38 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
add me too

do we have an ignore feature here???

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: Tru-Talker] #1112650
10/15/14 05:44 AM
10/15/14 05:44 AM
on
T
TooTall Offline
4 point
TooTall  Offline
4 point
T
on
Originally Posted By: Tru-Talker

Would we blow up our enemies if we could get them to walk into an enclosure and shoot them one by one?

Here we go again with the PETA crap.... So hogs have rights now.... rolleyes

Ha, don't you think it's a little over the top to compare this to PETA? Never said that hogs have rights or that we should compare them to humans. What I am saying is that posting a video of the wasteful killing of wild animals (that do reserve respect as a life form at least) does not do anything good for hunters.

"The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. - Finn Aagard
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: TooTall] #1112656
10/15/14 05:50 AM
10/15/14 05:50 AM
Northport, AL
Northport, AL
killing hogs is no longer "hunting" for a lot of people - it's pest control/extermination.

do not make the mistake of confusing the 2

3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: extreme heights hunter] #1112659
10/15/14 05:56 AM
10/15/14 05:56 AM
on
T
TooTall Offline
4 point
TooTall  Offline
4 point
T
on
Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
So what is the difference in setting mouse/rat traps or sticky pads for getting rid of mice and rats and blowing up a hog? The mouse or rat can be trapped or stuck for days before it finally dies.

Are you setting the trap/sticky pad/poison because you enjoy seeing mice die? Or are you setting them to remove a nuisance and safety/health hazard? When I catch a rat/mouse in my trap I don't sit there and watch it struggle, laughing and posting videos of it on the internet. I put it out of its misery and address why I have a pest problem in the first place. These guys spent a lot of energy setting themselves up to blow up hogs on video. Just as much energy could have been spent finding a person who wanted the meat and setting up a more efficient means of killing the hogs.

My displeasure from the beginning has been with the wasteful killing of these hogs and the image it conveys to non-hunters. It is also about the basic respect that each life, human or otherwise deserves. Is this type of behavior what you want young people to see and think of when they are introduced to hunting? Somewhere right now some young person is watching this video popup on their Facebook feed and immediately writing off becoming a hunter forever.

"The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. - Finn Aagard
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: GomerPyle] #1112665
10/15/14 06:03 AM
10/15/14 06:03 AM
on
T
TooTall Offline
4 point
TooTall  Offline
4 point
T
on
Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
killing hogs is no longer "hunting" for a lot of people - it's pest control/extermination.

do not make the mistake of confusing the 2

If it's pest control/extermination than it should be done by the most efficient means possible. These guys are taking joy in death, not joy because they have meat to feed themselves, joy because they are living out some soldier fantasy they've cooked up in their heads.

Hunting/Pest control/extermination is not sadism, do not make the mistake of confusing the two.

Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: TooTall] #1112674
10/15/14 06:10 AM
10/15/14 06:10 AM
If you only knew.....
Tru-Talker Offline
Booner
Tru-Talker  Offline
Booner
If you only knew.....

Would we blow up our enemies if we could get them to walk into an enclosure and shoot them one by one?

Ha, don't you think it's a little over the top to compare this to PETA?

No.... Blowing them up is more humane than attempting to shoot them with a bow or gun and make a bad shot... Even with good shots they will run off and die while grasping for their last breath... At least when they're blown into space...they feel nothing ... And the meat...buzzards....yotes..ants.. fly's..maggots... Its the life cycle that keeps the wild going... Everything has to eat...

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: Tru-Talker] #1112688
10/15/14 06:33 AM
10/15/14 06:33 AM
on
T
TooTall Offline
4 point
TooTall  Offline
4 point
T
on

No.... Blowing them up is more humane than attempting to shoot them with a bow or gun and make a bad shot... Even with good shots they will run off and die while grasping for their last breath... At least when they're blown into space...they feel nothing ... And the meat...buzzards....yotes..ants.. fly's..maggots... Its the life cycle that keeps the wild going... Everything has to eat...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never commented about this being in-humane. Making a bad shot is never the intention of the hunter/exterminator, it is an unfortunate circumstance of human error. You do not know what these hogs felt or experienced, you don't know how many were killed and how many were just wounded.

Regarding your view that the meat is not wasted: The wild does not need you to kill for them, they have plenty of options for food. These pigs were killed for the spectacle of seeing them blown to smithereens. How do you feel when you see a buck that has been killed with nothing taken but his antlers? How does that practice look to non-hunters?

My point seems to be missed here:
-Taking delight in death for the sake of death is sadism. I don't like it and I'm not in the minority.
-Labeling sadism as pest control or hunting is bad for whichever camp you find yourself to be a proponent of.

Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: TooTall] #1112710
10/15/14 06:50 AM
10/15/14 06:50 AM
If you only knew.....
Tru-Talker Offline
Booner
Tru-Talker  Offline
Booner
If you only knew.....

My point seems to be missed here:
-Taking delight in death for the sake of death is sadism. I don't like it and I'm not in the minority.
-Labeling sadism as pest control or hunting is bad for whichever camp you find yourself to be a proponent of.

We killing hogs...not people my friend...

Confucius
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: GomerPyle] #1112713
10/15/14 06:52 AM
10/15/14 06:52 AM
Northport, AL
Northport, AL
contrary to what many may think, animals do not have souls. obviously as hunters why try to be as humane as possible, but mistakes happen. and in the case of hogs, sometimes you just need to kill as many as possible by any means necessary.

at the end of the day, they're just animals and people need to stop projecting human characteristics/emotions/values on them.

they're animals. that's it.

3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: GomerPyle] #1112719
10/15/14 07:04 AM
10/15/14 07:04 AM
If you only knew.....
Tru-Talker Offline
Booner
Tru-Talker  Offline
Booner
If you only knew.....
Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
at the end of the day, they're just animals and people need to stop projecting human characteristics/emotions/values on them.

they're animals. that's it.

Well..by some people's standards...the animals need attorney's...

Confucius
Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: GomerPyle] #1112741
10/15/14 07:38 AM
10/15/14 07:38 AM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
myself ,,, if it needs dieing i'll kill it . i've left a lot of animals to nature to take of , one was no more better than the other .

Re: Killing hogs with Tannerite [Re: Frankie] #1113960
10/16/14 06:49 AM
10/16/14 06:49 AM
Millry,Al.
J
jwal Offline
spike
jwal  Offline
spike
J
Millry,Al.
My grandfather, who grew up in the depression, had a saying that I heard hundreds of times: " Willful waste makes woeful want."
That being said, the standing rule as I was growing up was that whatever I killed or caught, I cleaned it. No matter what it was, if it was edible, I cleaned it. If it was something we didn't want or need, we gave it to someone else.

I have the same rule for my boys: catch or kill whatever and however many is legal, but you are gonna clean it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.