So the motor on my moultrie atv spreader goes out on Sept. 13th while planting fields. No big deal, I've had the spreader for several years and used it spread fertilizer, so I feel like I got my money's worth out of it. After searching all over the internet with no success, I contact Moultrie customer service on Sept. 16th to order a new motor. I was thinking I'd just swing by their warehouse in Calera and pick it up after work. After waiting for 30 minutes to speak with a customer service rep I'm told the motor will be $40 plus $17 shipping. I asked about picking it up and was told they don't offer that option any more. After some protest about the $17 shipping for a $40 part the dear old elderly lady (that didn't know the difference between an ATV spreader and a swiss watch) talked to her supervisor and they were going to do me a huge favor this time only and wave the shipping. I properly thanked her and explained the sense of urgency on needing the motor soon and she replied their goal was to ship within 5-7 business days and I should have it within two weeks.

Fast forward two weeks later to Sept. 29...the motor has yet to arrive. I call moultrie and after waiting for another 30 minutes to speak to someone, I'm told the motor was on backorder until Sept. 26 and my order was on the loading dock and I would receive it this week. Well guess what....it's Friday and I need to plant about a ton of seed/fertilizer this weekend and the #&(@ motor has yet to arrive mad

Also- In an attempt to support an Alabama based business, I bought a brand new Moultrie 990-i camera about two months ago and it turned out to be defective. I call moultrie and they inform me and I can ship it to them and they will take a look at it but their repair department is running about 4-5 weeks behind. Who wants to wait for over a month to get a brand new camera repaired? I returned it for a full refund and got a browning camera and so far so good.

So I guess they are so busy repairing their POS cameras they don't have time ship a spreader motor.

I would have just bought a whole new spreader if I'd known it was going to be such a time consuming hassle to order a part from them.

I guess it made too much sense the way they used to do business, allowing people to come by their store and purchase what they need when they need it.

To say I'm somewhat unimpressed with moultrie right now would be an understatement!!

You're only as good as your worst shot-