Originally Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny
I think it depends on the kid.

Def depends on the kids. My oldest has been going with me since he was 6. Of course he was a 6yr old and our hunts were short when the whether was decent. Killed his first deer when he was 8 and first buck at 9. He's 12 now and still enjoys it. My youngest will go and likes to go but doesn't or at least hasn't yet got serious about wanting to go all the time. He did kill his first deer and first buck last year when he was 7. He's 8 now and I plan on taking him a good bit more this year.

IMO, if she wants to go with you, by all means take her. It will be good daddy daughter time. Plus if your lucky maybe you can kill one with her and she can see what its all about from the beginning to the end.

I think it comes down to this, What do you have to loose? Nothing.. Take that baby girl and make it a good time. Don't sweat all the talking and moving and laughing so seriously (I'm still working on that myself). Enjoy it and have fun.

my $0.02.

If your decoy doesnt have holes in it, your not letting him get close enough... J.H.

"Life lessons are almost never found where you think they should be, sometimes they're in the middle of a small, muddy creek in the woods with steep banks"... DeadorAlive