Originally Posted By: Squeaky
Originally Posted By: blumsden
Originally Posted By: Squeaky
I need some advice from you guys. It's been a good while since I have the responsibility of planting our food plots in Bama. I have two weekends available to plant.

Sep. 12-15 and Oct. 10-13.

Our lease is located just East of Selma in Dallas Cty.

I plan to plant WMS Deer Magnet. From speaking with the guys at WMS they don't recommend planting their Triticale early as it's establishes fast. However I'm not sure if 2nd weekd in Sep would be early. So what weekend would yawl plant?

Where your lease is, i would wait until October, unless you were going to bowhunt the plots, if so, plant it in Sept.

Our bow season does not open until Oct 25th. I also don't hunt our little pine goats until late Dec or Jan. I'll be in the Midwest on my time off chasing bigger fish. There are very few memebers that bow hunt any amount of time. They will go a few times before gun season opens but it's not a every weekend thing for them.

My land is west of you in Dallas County. Plant in October, especially with the new extended season now.

I plant around the first of October or so depending on when I see rain in the forecast.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near"