My daughter turns 15 tomorrow. She's in the marching band and I was supposed to work on their equipment trailer this afternoon so I took my 12 year old son to help me. She had practice until 5:30 so she rode home with us when we finished the work.

When we got out of the truck, my son whispers to me, "I've got to make Sissy a birthday card. I'll make it while she's in the shower." I winked and said, okay sounds good.

She just came in the living room and asked me if I read his card, and I said no. I was expecting it the card to say Eat a booger or something like that, but it said, "No matter if you give me a black eye or if we ever get in a fight, I will always love you! She gave him a big hug and told him that she loved him too. Not many teens would do that and I don't know if there's another 12 year old redneck boy who would have written his big Sis a card like that.

Not sure where the black eye part came in. I've never seen one of them hit the other....

Now guys, I just gotta say, that made a tear come to this dads eyes.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14