Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc
Wow. All this brewhaha over a brown coated animal with/without antlers?? Folks, just shoot a deer when you want too. We have plenty of them all over the state and if you get any chance to hunt, you will have a chance to kill one. North, south, east, west, it dosen't matter.

Rut? For heaven's sake, hunt in January!! The peak may vary a few days either way from the middle of the month but deer in Alabama rut in January! I've hunted from the TN to FL lines and seen bucks chasing does during January the entire length of the state. We all know that!

IMO, If you can't kill (or have the opportunity to kill) a buck in January in this state, then one of 3 things are going on: your hunting land sucks, you can't take off work during the rut so your job sucks, or your hunting skills suck.

Carry on.

Dr. B
i think you posted that you do 70% of your hunting in south mont county - i've got a large, well managed piece of property in south barbour county - i'll be happy to trade you hunt for hunt next jan - i'm sure your superior hunting skills you've honed to a keen edge in the open woods of the black belt will shine down here in the thickets of these red clay hills