Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
We don't know much about Noah but I think he was saved the same way Abraham was. The scripture says Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness. Abraham's obedience "circumcision" was a seal of the faith he had in God."Rom.4"

I never said "obedience cancels out grace" nor did I say that "Grace cancels out obedience" Obedience is the result of grace. What's so unfortunate is that many in the church world think Grace is the result of obedience. Actually it is but it's the result of Christ's obedience and not of ours.

I never alluded to the fact you mentioned the obedience idea... it was pointedly stated by others replying to my post. Regarding Noah, saying "we don't know much about Noah" avoids the question. The question is "would Noah have been saved from the flood just by belief in God's word... or by an acknowledge of God's offer of grace? The "faith" that is mentioned in Ephesians 2:8 is a trust which compels one to action - and it's seen clearly in the story of Moses - the story of a man who trusted enough in God's message to comply with God's demands.

Last edited by Bamarich2; 07/24/14 04:50 PM.