Over the past 10 or so years I have hunted a good deal in KY where baiting deer is leagal. I hunted on private property that had numerous feeders and mineral licks. During those 10 years we killed many good bucks but I don't recall a single buck being killed on a feeder. The nearest one came and he also happened to be the highest scoring was that he was walking across the shooting lane behind a feeder.
At one time or other the feeders were filled with everything from corn to nutrious pellets. The bucks were mostly killed either on a food plot, a mineral lick or "cruising" in the woods near a feeder or food plot.
I do believe that the feeders kept the does and yearlings around and the bucks stayed with them just didn't hang out around the feeders in the day light very much.
Bottom line is bait is not neccessarily a slam dunk for killing bucks, except in the regions of Texas where it has been made their primary food sourc, over the years.

"Its a damn weak minded person who can only think of one way to spell a work." Andrew Jackson