Have a few good locator calls, a crow and an owl hoot. My Harrison hooting stick has helped me to kill as many turkeys as any call I have. But be careful to not over use them and don't try to locate turkeys from any type of vehicle!

Pattern your gun! With several different loads and chokes to find the best combination for your set up. This will make sure your gun shoots the best pattern possible and POA and POI are the same. This also will give you the knowledge to know How make the needed adjustments if they are not the same. Know how distance affects your patterns and your lethal range and how small or large your pattern is at closest and longest of that range.

If you use decoys, once you get set up, go ahead and get your barrel up and pointed at those decoys. If you do get a bird to commit, he is eventually coming to those decoys, if you don't booger him up, If you try to make a move to get the gun on him, most likely he will bust you. be patient and he will come into your line of fire.

Get a comfortable seat coushion, be prepared to sit and be patient, a comfortable hunter is a still hunter!

Listen more than you call, often times less is more!

Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
Well, the way I see it is there's just too many assholes
On a good day there's a bunch of assholes in here. On a bad day there's too many assholes in here.