I am going to have an opening this year. May have a couple more, but that's still up in the air.

1050 acres. Have 11 guys right now. Dues are $1,200. Some of the guys are willing to pay more and have less members, as am I. Preference given to someone who can trap yotes or has a big tractor with a bucket/forks.

The 411. I took over the lease last year. I don't get a free membership. I don't make money off the lease. The rules for me are the same rules for everyone else. We limed 3 years ago, and I had a load of bulk lime dellivered last fall that I need to see about putting out.

I have more fields than stand sites. I have multiple established clover fields. I did alot of periennial clover last fall, but I don't know how that will shake out yet this spring due to the really cold weather from December. The established fields I had have all bounced back. I have already ordered my late spring summer mix I am going to plant in some area's. I fertilize properly, my soil test calls for Urea and DAP. I am probably going to let some of the small area's I plant go this fall.

I joined 5 years ago. I started a spring time planting out there, and then started the transition to clover a couple years ago. Our quality has gone up, we saw more good bucks last year than we have seen. I changed the buck rule to 3.5 or older this year. Doe limit is 2 for the member. Under 18 kids can kill 1 buck and 1 doe. Doe's cannot be killed off a greenfield. I increased the fines for improper deer kill. All deer/turkey kills must send photo to President (me) and jawbone and harvest tag submitted. I think the doe population in the area is low. I could be wrong. Very limited guest policy. Guest kills come off member limits. Lease is divided into sections for turkey season. You can check out 2 at a time. Exception on bucks is if a kid or guest kills one of the posted cull bucks.

Lease next to me is same size and they run a similar management program. 3.5 or older bucks, they shoot a small number of doe's. We get along and check in throughout the year. I think we have a Yote problem. One of my members is trapping them, he's gotten 2 so far. I trap coons/possums and he does that too.

Plans for this year. I need to construct some shooting houses. I plant to plant some screening around some of the fields. The biggest issue we have had is the previous leaseholder liked to put stands right on top of fields. I want to try to plant some switchgrass or create some additional bedding. I have a log deck I need to clear and want to plant, and I have a couple fields I need to expand, hence the need for a big tractor with a bucket. About half the lease was thinned last year. I have a section slated for clear cutting in 2024. I have 4 pine thickets, probably 300 acres or more, that haven't been thinned at all, and a big hardwood bottom and some creeks running thru.

Be happy to show the lease on a weekend. My plan is to move towards less members, higher dues, and better quality. I have been working towards this for about 4 years now. The food plots and having annual qualiity food was the number 1 issue. Then moving away from killing a doe off a green field. This year the buck rule was changed. Baiting isn't allowed since its a Westervelt lease.