No bucks. I would like to see one or maybe even get a shot at killing one. Besides corn or some other illegal tactic on public land, what is your go to set up to get a shot during the rut?

I hunted friday afternoon, all day saturday. Friday I sat in an area where I've been monitoring some bucks on camera. Only recently during daylight hours. But can't seem to be there when they come out. i've hunted that spot 4 times now. I have found a ton of sign there. although not much of it as fresh as it once was. still, i went out there wednesday to scout and one of those scrapes had fresh marks. My trail cam told me another scrape had a 8 point show up 1030 that morning. I hunted about 100 yards away from that scrape with the other one in gun range as well. Wind was in my face. saw nothing except a armadilo who made all kinds of noise coming out. got my heart beat up me thinking THIS IS IT!! but nope

Saturday I hunted a pine thicket (about 5 years old) to creek bottom transition. I was watching the thicket. At 930 a doe appeared at about 20 yards away. It was a buck only gun hunt day so I let her walk. the wind shifted and I had to move for the afternoon.

the afternoon hunt, i hunted a 1 year old clear cut. It has alot of new growth. I positioned myself with the wind in my face looking out into the clear cut. It was a transition line from hardwoods to clearcut. On my way in, I found several scrapes, and large piles of fresh droppings. I felt like i should have hunted there, but I wouldn't be able to see a large area of the clear cut had i done that. Pretty much everything would have been in bow range. I've heard cruising bucks will walk the edge of those cuts looking for doe trails. IDK if I made the right call or not, but i didnt see anything either way.

I take free advice