We have been hunting this deer since bow season. Got velvet pics of him day and night but as soon as the velvet came off he went night only for us. All the adjoining landowners have been getting pics as well throughout the season. Well I have hunted his area as much or little as I could to keep down pressure. Very Blessed to hunt 600 acres with just me and my son. Well my niece who has been hunting some next to this spot wanted to sit in my stand today so we go together and make a pac if the wide 10 came out we would count to 3 and get him. Well we had a tall 8, small 4, and 8 does come out and almost get her on the tall 8 till the neighbors started shooting their pistol at 5. We sat for a bit more when right in front of us a deer comes out and we both set up to shoot. We knew it was a wide deer but didn’t have but a 10 yard window so I told her get ready. I stopped the deer and she asked, when we gonna shoot, I said now as he began to walk again towards woods she hadn’t cocker her handi riffle and he went to run and I had to shoot. Very Blessed to get it done but hate she didn’t get too. Just happened way to fast!! This deer looks similar enough to Marsh’s deer that my heart sank when I seen his. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by CatfishJunkie; 01/27/23 10:55 PM.