Sorry, I haven't checked in here in a while. Yes, we are using a membership program this year in an effort to slow the influx so that we can maintain the impeccable standard of quality that we are known for. One of the other main benefits to this program is that instead of us closing the gate to loyal clients and newcomers alike when we get full, this allows folks to reserve hooks in our cooler to guarantee them a spot and that they will not be turned away. That peace of mind, in itself, is invaluable for those that do not do home butchering. So far, from what I hear, all members are extremely happy with the system. We stopped enrolling new members and started taking whole deer from members only on January 10th, as we still had 1,500 hooks reserved (or deer to come in) over the next 4 weeks. However, we are still taking in quartered up deer from non members that we will process when we get finished with the deer from our members. We will do membership renewals and transfers in August and open enrollment to new members in September. In late summer, we will email out the information packet that explains the different levels of membership, benefits and fees. You may request the info via ShanasPlaceMarket@gmail.com , you can call 334-439-5080 to request it by mail, or you may pick up the packet in person at the shop. It has been very hard to turn away so many new, frantic customers this year, but when I see how most other processors are closing sporadically and my members are confidently at ease when they harvest...it has been totally worth it! Anyone is welcome to call me at anytime with any questions or recommendations on my cell 334-202-9545. For the 2021/22 season, I had planned to start off taking all deer from members AND non members again until we get busy, then swap to members only. However, the number of people waiting to sign up as new members when we open enrollment has me questioning whether this will be a possibility. I would recommend checking our current status (via phone, text, website, email, Facebook or Instagram) before driving out, even in early season. Blessings, y'all, and Happy Huntings! -Shana Howard

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. --John 15:5