I already know what I am going to do and probably won't be persuaded to do anything different, but the following happened to me last year and several years before that in the same spot with different deer and would like to see what y'all would do in this situation in detail. Of course I know what I am going to do but maybe this conversation may shed some new light on my thinking as I have not hunted this deer before but will this year.

1-12-13 4:45am mature buck crossed the road in front of me going west to east in the only place he can easily cross for 200 yards in either direction.

1-10-15 5:00 am mature buck crossed the road in the same spot. Different deer. Same direction.

11-14-18 7:¿¿ PM. See 3.5 year old stud 8pt browsing on the side of the road about 500 yards past where the "big buck" crossing is.

This 3.5 yo buck has 14" G2s and 10" G3s. Spread is level with his ears so about 14".

1-13-19 5:00ish. Same long tined buck crossed in the exact same place as the others, about the same time, headed in the same direction. I have been in the area they are headed numerous times. Of course on a north wind it is unhuntable. Looks like the main bedding area is on the southeast side of a hill. I'm not putting up a camera in there. I'm not setting foot in there till January.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+Z

thesharkguard.com