well yesterday around 4:30 was the first time I ever poured a bag of corn on the ground. It was in an area where I hardly ever see deer though ive hunted it alot. I figuered it would take weeks for a deer to find it, and by then one of the kids could shoot it during gun season. well after making a bunch of racket I climbed a tree. about 30 yards and out of sight of the pile. well within 30 minutes an 8 pointer was wandering all around sniffing, well he leaves to go tell the other deer about the corn and comes back an hour later with a whole herd of deer. so now deer are sniffing around everywhere for the corn pile that was meant for one of my kids to hunt. so I got deer to the left and to the right and center, and all I can think is what would chuck sykes do. so I put an arrow through the closest nursing doe. kindof bittersweet, Iam glad I got the meat, but it was too easy and was the farthest thing from giving a sporting chance. whats next for alabama, 2 week seasons or maybe trapping deer. On the bright side the doe had a lung cancer tumor the size of a baseball, and would probably be dead before long.