Originally Posted by AU coonhunter
Originally Posted by chad1980
I will put in for one. Arent there some that end up in North Alabama every year?

Wheeler refuge winters thousands of them each year.

They fly to and stop on the refuge and other land in North Alabama on the migration to Florida. Weather plays a big role in the migration, just like with waterfowl, woodcock, etc.

Some mouthbreathing shitweasels killed several years ago out in Mooresville and left them in the field. It wasn't discussed too publicly because they were trying to find out who did it.

Kentucky requires selected applicants to take an online "test" to make sure you know the difference between sandhills, whooping cranes and blue herons. Kentucky also requires a mandatory post-season survey to be completed or you cannot apply for the next season's tags.

I'm trying to figure out how and where 400 people will hunt in the primary area -- North Alabama -- when there isn't much public land where the sandhills hang out. Could be a lot of complaints about poaching and/or trespassing. Will be interesting to see what happens.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020