Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Originally Posted by 3FFarms
Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
I just breast them out. Wash them and pat dry. On the cavity on backside of the breast I put some cream cheese, a jalapeno slice, and sprinkle some sage. Wrap it in a half-strip of bacon and stick a toothpick through it (it pushes easily through the breast bone that splits the breast). Put on med hot grill for about 15-20 minutes until bacon is pretty done. Remove and let it cool just a few minutes. I like it medium rare but not bloody. I only killed six the other day. I grilled them Sunday night and they were delicious.

I like the idea of taking the meat off the bone first and wrapping them as described but I'm just not motivated enough to do that much work!

Dr. B

I do just what you said but do run a filet knife down the breastbone to make two boneless pieces. Half a jalepeno, core it and fill with cream cheese and wrap in bacon. Can’t cook them fast enough to keep up with the hands grabbing them. Mighty fine eating.

So you stuff the jalapeno pepper with the meat and cream cheese and wrap it? Sounds awesome!

Dr. B

That’s also good with cubed shrimp FYI.

We call them “shrimp poppers” around my house