Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Originally Posted by Jtb51b
Would love to have one of those girls, just not sure how my 12 year old lab would like it, I know she would not hurt it. I am more concerned with a young dog being too playful with her at her age. not to mention she loves all the attention she gets, she hates it when the cat gets a pet. Wife wants one tho, thinking the older one will help do some of the training for us, what are your thoughts?

Jason

I know quite a few people that get a young puppy to keep the older dogs "young."

Interesting thought,. Maybe by getting one young enough the older one will show the younger how much play she can tolerate?

Originally Posted by volfan
If your dog is healthy and still active,I don't think it would be a problem. We have had two older labs that got along with pups fine. BTW we are lowering price to $650 for Aldeer family.

Mine is still healthy, and fairly active. She is a house dog, only goes out with us daily for walks and swims in the creek. Good thing with her, is on the rainy days she is content hanging out inside, of course when its time to go out she milks it until she is soaked but thats a lab for you.

Thanks for the replies, I will give it some thought. We definitely want another female, we will have them spayed ASAP but the females seem to be smarter than the males and for sure piss on stuff less!

Jason