Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
I use a wingbone and a snuff can for those call shy birds....calls they almost NEVER hear.

I can id a mouth call near every time, a box call can fool me, clucking on a wingbone will fool me. I'm pretty sure a turkey can out do me....

Don't you just love trying to figure out if you are hearing a hen or a hunter? I still get fooled thinking I am about to get run over by a hunter sometimes when out steps a hen. Some of them just sound so bad it almost has to be a hunter. smile I have heard some hunters that I thought were birds too though, but they are far and few between.

I carried my then seven year old daughter turkey hunting in Sumpter Co. We were easing along prolly 100 yards from the property line and heard a "hen" start yelping across the line. I stopped and listened for a minute, not saying anything. My daughter finally said "that guy is a terrrible caller"...and she was correct. Pretty bad when a seven year old calls it on you....

troy

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one