Ya'll add to this, what do you think is the most important factors related to being a good turkey hunter? Mine are as follows in no particualr order.

- Having good places to go with lots of birds
- Being patient and knowing when NOT to move
- DON'T spook any turkey, hen or gobbler if you can help it at all.
- Know the property you are hunting. Know where the fields, creeks, ditches, fences, any major topographic features are on it and how to work a bird across/around them.
- Know where the birds want to be and when they are there. Do your homework and know where they roost, where they feed, where they strut, where they go when it rains, where they go when the wind blows hard.
- Knowing when to call and when not to call are both important, but not what I would call a deal breaker in most situations. What you say to them when you are calling and the rhythm of your calls is more important that what it actually sounds like too IMO. Most hens I have ever heard could not even place in a calling competition, the rhythm is all that matters.
- Hunt where there are lots of birds. smile
- Always be ready, never walk or make a move with your gun on your shoulder.
- Never call when not VERY close to a place set up. Sometimes it happens so quick that all you can do is sit down.
- Listen to the old timers who have been doing it for several years. They don't share info much, but when they do it is turkey gold.
- When you can hunt with someone who has killed several birds and learn what you can from them. Learning on your own SUCKS!
- Know how to "sit down" on a turkey. Right hand shooters typically should try to always point their left knee to the bird at all times to offer the widest range of motion to swing and shoot. Left handers Should point their right knee towards a incoming bird at all times. Trust me, track them as close as you can when you can because it will happen when you lose track and he pops up 10 feet to your 90 degree right and there isn't squat you can do but stop breathing and watch him sail to the next county.
-DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE!
- Plant chufa, shoot a rhino with nitro's, or really cheat and use some TSS. laugh

Ya'll add to this when you can, it could be lots of help to some new hunters and a refresher to us that have been at it for a while.

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters. —Archibald Rutledge—