I have an established colony of beetles that I can split from.

I can sell "2 oz." starter colonies that will take about 2 months to expand to the point they can clean a deer skull in 5-7 days (my colony started this way by being fed duck, turkey, coyote, beaver, otter skulls, raw meat scraps etc.). This 2 oz. includes approximately 1000 adults and multiple stages of larvae. I'll then pack in cotton bedding which will contain thousands of eggs (they are too small to actually see).

Care is easy: I keep them in the basement in a clear sterilite tote just big enough to put a skull in, cotton balls for bedding, temperatures above 60 (or they won't eat much) but less than 80 (or they'll fly away), and a spritz of water 2-3 times a week. Smell is not an issue unless you overfeed them, even then it goes away in just a day or so (my wife's only mentioned the smell twice lol ). I should mention that beetles are not magic, you still have to skin the head and remove the eyes and brains (pliers, a sharp knife, and a coat hanger make this quick work). I'll let them eat most everything off the skull, take it out to soak in water for a day, and put it back in with the beetles. I end up with a nice natural bone skull.

Cost is $50 picked up. I can mail them as long as temps are above 50 or you can pick them up in Northeast AL. Add $10 to ship. If you are in a hurry to clean deer skulls and want a bigger quantity we can talk about that, but I can only pull so many from my colony. If you want to talk more about them PM your phone number. If you end up buying some I will provide you with a 'how-to' sheet with these details spelled out. Thanks.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by LuckyGoose; 03/13/18 03:14 PM.