Me and my wife took our 14 yr old and our 12yr old hunting sunday afternoon to our new lease we had been seeing some good deer on camera at two different spots so my wife took our 14yr old son to a power line food plot and I took our 12yr old daughter to another food plot on the other side of the lease after sitting for about 5 min me and my daughter had a spike come in the food plot at about 75 yards we watched him for about 10min feeding and I told her times that she could shoot it if she wanted but all she kept telling me was that it was too small and she wanted to wait for a good deer on the other side of the lease my son and wife were having some good luck of their own he had 2 does and a good 7 point come out that we had been seeing regular on camera he watched them and finally decided that he had calmed down enough to take a shot so he clicked the safety off and just as the deer turned broadside a coyote came out and spooked the deer out of the field now I know I should be upset that he didn't get a shot but truly I'm proud that he didn't rush his shot and have a bad result and I'm proud of my little girl for having the patients to wait for a deer she wants to kill I'm not saying that killing the first deer you see is a bad thing lord knows I shot the first several I saw as a kid one being a yearling you could carry out over your shoulder I'm just saying I'm proud that both kids have learned from what we have taught them and are willing to wait for everything to be right before they pull the trigger thanks for your time

Last edited by daddy31; 11/14/17 07:55 AM.