Originally Posted By: Atoler

There are might be better ways to govern our dcnr, but doing away with it is absolutely ignorant.

I disagree with you, but that's the beauty of aldeer; everyone can express their opinion.

With the plan that I have proposed - seasons set by a Board elected by license holders, there is no way that our deer herd would have been allowed to be wiped out the way it has in some AL areas. Hunters who have been insisting for years that the 2 doe a day limit is insanity would have been heard and changes would have already been made in those areas. There would have been no need for something like GC; elected Reps would have had to listen to their people or get voted out.

We certainly need a state agency to manage the parks and such, but putting the power to actually govern into the hands of duly elected representatives is not as radical of an idea as some seem to think. I would argue that its the type of government that we were supposed to have all along; not a system controlled by unelected bureaucrats.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.