I was gonna post this on the first time hunter thread but it might fit better here. The guy was asking about Dekes.

Although I usually tote a Jake, I think it's a crap shoot. The minute you call they will have you zero'd. They know exactly where you are, period.

Sometimes if they reply, I will immediately close as much distance as I can quietly cover and try and catch his ass sneaking in to where he thinks i am.

There are other times that I will hide behind the deke and use it for a blind.

I've sat in front of a great Deke and had birds run like hell at first site of it. Usually they have gotten a beating recently.

I think that there are A LOT of situations where the bird will hang up waiting for a hen to close the last 40 yards, so you will have to move anyway.

There are definitely times that birds get spooked when the close and don't see a deke and can't hear a bird moving around...(sometimes raking leaves can help).

Every dang day turkey hunting is different anybody here that says x, y, or z works every time and never spent any time hunting.

It sure as hell aint like the Editors on tv make it look.

The most successful guys are the guys that can adapt to a fluid and constantly changing situation. If you can't adapt you will not have any success beyond blind luck.

If you are gonna sit in a ground blind over turkey dekes and throw yelps off a box call like the guy on tv did and expect to kill turkeys, i would say save your money and time and stay home.