Thought this "Good Grub" thread might be something everyone could contribute to with suggestions, constructive comments and directions to places throughout Alabama and maybe adjoining states since many of us travel and enjoy good food.

It's open to whatever you'd like: BBQ, steaks, ethnic restaurants of all nationalities, holes in the wall, roadside stands, food trucks, bakeries, ice cream or whatever. Just give some good info about what to eat, maybe what you don't like, price range and helpful info on how to get there, if they're closed at a specific time or day, website, etc.

I'll start. Y'all chip in with good suggestions and comments.

======

Big Cove BBQ
153 Taylor Lane SE
Owens Cross Roads, AL

Big Cove BBQ is located behind the Mapco on U.S. 431 across from th' Walmarks and has been in business for several years with solid reviews. It's your typical small country BBQ joint.

I stopped by recently and got the large pork (pulled) sandwich, sweet tea and chips. The sandwich was the biggest helping of pork I've ever had on a sandwich, which was a nice surprise, and was very good. They do the smoking on-site and it was tender, moist and had good flavor.

The sweet tea was good without being "OMG, that's diabetic sugary" sweet. They also have plates, hot dogs, nachos, jambalya (sometimes) and a good menu.

Big Cove BBQ on Facebook

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020