</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Bikini and Bimini top for boat Free
by longshot. 04/25/24 11:57 AM
Taylormade Stealth Irons 5-gw
by toyota05. 04/25/24 11:28 AM
Coon dogs.
by Lonster. 04/25/24 12:17 AM
WTB .22 LR Bolt Action
by Cuz-Pat. 04/23/24 09:19 PM
Iso Henry Golden boy
by AustinC. 04/23/24 08:32 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
103 registered members (Exhoosier, alhawk, AHolcomb, Heath, Mbrock, !shiloh!, bates2rw, auman, Bandit635, WEMOhunter, Cactus_buck, PineTop, HHSyelper, hue, stl32, twaldrop4, aubigmac, Chickenrig, AU7MM08, Fishduck, Dean, Ray_Coon, JoeBuck, Forrestgump1, BPI, headshot, JCL, rhino21, Droptine-13, FreeStateHunter, jchurch, Omega One, Solothurn, Ridgehunter36, Gobble4me757, cullbuck, JAT, BhamFred, JA, Backwater, Brian_C, GomerPyle, CouchNapper, AJones, BUCK EYES, quailman, snakebit, Claims Rep., BayedUp, Justice, mpharris22, CNC, turkeychaser, BACK40, Bruno, Morris, BamaBoHunter, woodduck, jtillery, Gary Harris, cdaddy14, doc bar, HURRICANE, The Big Cheese, meats132, BearBranch, AUdeerhunter, fish_blackbass, ColeT, AUjerbear, Gut Pile 32, hunter84, canichols424, BAR1225, TideWJO, WINMAG300, burbank, ParrotHead89, ts1979flh, outdoorguy88, 4Tigers, mathews prostaff, BamaPlowboy, sj22, Stu, Bjoff27, klay, johnv, BradB, donia, Sixpointholler, SuperSpike, SouthBamaSlayer, Whild_Bill, Buckwheat, Kemosabe, jhardy, 6 invisible), 1,076 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Clear cut after spraying [Re: pcoladoc] #3595016
01/26/22 01:48 AM
01/26/22 01:48 AM
alabama
outdoors1 Offline
10 point
outdoors1  Offline
10 point
alabama
Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
Originally Posted by outdoors1
I would find a place far away from the spraying to hunt. Think about it, do you really want to eat those deer right now. Maybe come back in a couple of years after the spraying stops. The residue will be there for a while. Not sure how long , but stay away from areas and do not breathe those chemicals for a while. There should be warnings put up at the gates. It can make you sick, especially if you already have a condition. Maybe see if the company you lease from can burn from now on.

You must hunt in a hole far away from anything if you don’t think you’ve eaten a deer that hasn’t had some type chemical in it’s system. Every timber company sprays some 2-3 times in a pine plantations life cycle. If you can find me a timber company that burns and has land available at a reasonable rate let me know.

There is a time frame for the chemicals to be broken down in the soil. If roundup is banned in Europe, would that concern you?
Recent development:
According to the European Commission, glyphosate is currently approved for use in the European Union until Dec. 15, 2022. However, Austria became the first EU country to ban glyphosate in July 2019. Germany announced in September that it will begin phasing out the controversial weedkiller by 2023.
Now if a chemical will kill a hardwood that would probably be stronger than a chemical to kill broadleaf, right?
I am just saying we should be overly cautious when it comes to the proper use of chemicals around people, animals, and too protect our water supply. Deer and people can stroll freely through chemicals without realizing it. There is no way to prevent it if there are no warnings.
I have seen the cotton de-foliates used along the road that made me sick. No warnings! Would have appreciated a warning before entering the area on the heavily travelled paved public road! Chemicals should not be used along main travel corridors without warnings or areas should be closed off with a warning! I know this would be inconvenient, but it should happen!

Re: Clear cut after spraying [Re: Turkey_neck] #3595018
01/26/22 01:59 AM
01/26/22 01:59 AM
alabama
outdoors1 Offline
10 point
outdoors1  Offline
10 point
alabama
I would find a place far away from the spraying to hunt. Think about it, do you really want to eat those deer right now. Maybe come back in a couple of years after the spraying stops. The residue will be there for a while. Not sure how long , but stay away from areas and do not breathe those chemicals for a while. There should be warnings put up at the gates. It can make you sick, especially if you already have a condition. Maybe see if the company you lease from can burn from now on.

You must hunt in a hole far away from anything if you don’t think you’ve eaten a deer that hasn’t had some type chemical in it’s system. Every timber company sprays some 2-3 times in a pine plantations life cycle. If you can find me a timber company that burns and has land available at a reasonable rate let me know.

Just be cautious and stay away from recently sprayed areas! That is all I am saying.

Re: Clear cut after spraying [Re: Okatuppa] #3595020
01/26/22 02:14 AM
01/26/22 02:14 AM
alabama
outdoors1 Offline
10 point
outdoors1  Offline
10 point
alabama
Originally Posted by Okatuppa

I hope this is a sarcastic post.
As a Registered Forester, I now know how Doekiller, Lonster and the other attorneys on here feel when legal issues are discussed and all the armchair experts give their advice.

Not sarcastic, sorry. Real life experiences can change your opinion, especially with recent developments on cancer causing agents and exposure risk among other recent developments. If you want to live in bubble, go right ahead.

Re: Clear cut after spraying [Re: outdoors1] #3595106
01/26/22 08:18 AM
01/26/22 08:18 AM
Clanton
Turkey_neck Offline
Booner
Turkey_neck  Offline
Booner
Clanton

There is a time frame for the chemicals to be broken down in the soil. If roundup is banned in Europe, would that concern you?
Recent development:
According to the European Commission, glyphosate is currently approved for use in the European Union until Dec. 15, 2022. However, Austria became the first EU country to ban glyphosate in July 2019. Germany announced in September that it will begin phasing out the controversial weedkiller by 2023.
Now if a chemical will kill a hardwood that would probably be stronger than a chemical to kill broadleaf, right?
I am just saying we should be overly cautious when it comes to the proper use of chemicals around people, animals, and too protect our water supply. Deer and people can stroll freely through chemicals without realizing it. There is no way to prevent it if there are no warnings.
I have seen the cotton de-foliates used along the road that made me sick. No warnings! Would have appreciated a warning before entering the area on the heavily travelled paved public road! Chemicals should not be used along main travel corridors without warnings or areas should be closed off with a warning! I know this would be inconvenient, but it should happen!

Well if that’s the case I’m dead already so no since in worrying about deer meat. There’s no telling how many hundreds of gallons I’ve sprayed in 20 years.

Would walk over a naked woman to get to a gobblin turkey!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.