Originally Posted by grundan
You can definitely build the same structure for a lot less money. This assumes you can do some minor carpenter skills.Of course they have to make money on a product, I would rather build a shed myself and have walls and joist on 16” centers with 8’ walls.
I looked at several that did not have 8’ walls.

Agreed, a good bit less. I think the only advantage to the pre built sheds is like with mobile homes. You pick one out and a few days later it appears on your land over and done with.
The sheds are ideal for temporary, or hunt club leases etc where they can easily be moved if needed.
I have seen one guy online who bought 2 of the "$695" type double 16x18 carports with 9 ft sides and put them end to end for a 16x36. They put heavy poly on the ground under it and stubbed all their plumbing in and took and laid 2x6 crossways for floor joist and screwed them to the frame uprights and made their floor. He used tin on the outside walls and then spray foamed it on the inner backside. it turned out pretty nice once finished inside. Not too bad when ya figure for less than $1500 installed he had a finished roof and most of his wall studs The rest he did by himself. .
This is what he went with. A frame design and vertical roofing. Not the rounded horizontal roofing. https://permies.com/t/63479/a/48292/Aframe-Carport-1.jpg

Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching - even when doing the wrong thing is legal. Aldo Leopold .. (except when it comes to trailer tags)