</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ISO Boat, fishing and pontoon
by klay. 04/19/24 05:31 PM
2008 kawasaki 750 brute force $3000
by CrappieMan. 04/19/24 05:02 PM
Hunting Club Lawn Mower 42" Tractor Style
by trailertrash. 04/19/24 04:40 PM
Sig Suaer M400 Tread 5.56
by AL18. 04/19/24 02:44 PM
truck
by jhix3734. 04/19/24 10:50 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Taxidermist called
by James. 04/19/24 11:26 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/19/24 07:59 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by Paint Rock 00. 04/19/24 05:54 AM
Windy.com
by quailman. 04/18/24 09:46 PM
First cwd transmission to human?
by donia. 04/18/24 06:53 AM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
G&E Hunting Club Questions
by booner. 04/11/24 01:11 PM
Who's Online Now
38 registered members (M48scout, click-boom, gregnbc, Captain Howdy, Mdees, mauvilla, Booner Hunter, WoodleyRoadDeer, farmerjay, jaydub12, CouchNapper, NoHuntin, AKB, Beebs, Letshunt, Holcomb, BOFF, ShaftOne, GUT_SHOT, Doeslayer44, AHolcomb, lpman, Beadlescomb, AU338MAG, auman, BrandonClark, BCLC, Mack1, Whild_Bill, jake44, MikeP, sw1002, thayerp81, mzzy, 4 invisible), 682 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: Booger] #2001380
01/23/17 10:40 AM
01/23/17 10:40 AM
Cape San Blas, Florida
D
Deadwood Offline
Footbsll Bat PSYOPS
Deadwood  Offline
Footbsll Bat PSYOPS
D
Cape San Blas, Florida
Why is rape and incest an acceptable reason to murder a baby? It's the same thing to me - another unwanted baby, but for different reasons. How do you think God would view that excuse? The baby could be put up for adoption if the circumstances made the thought of that baby repulsive. A life is a life.

Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: fireman176] #2001391
01/23/17 10:47 AM
01/23/17 10:47 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: fireman176

Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Because this is not a legal issue, nor even a moral issue, it's a spiritual issue. And spiritual things can only be Spiritually discerned (use of capital S on purpose). We are all born spiritually dead (actually at enmity with God), so we shouldn't be surprised when spiritually dead enemies of God are not just ignorant of spiritual matters, but actually are at odds with them. To use a "churchy" term...they're lost.

Life is an "imago dei" issue. We are created in the image of God, upon conception (actually He knew us before the womb). So it's no shock when those who shake their fist at God, also shake their fist at the idea of being created in His image. To be FOR abortion is not a scientific debate, it's a line drawn in the sand over spiritual matters.

I would agree that all consenting adults need to be born again, but I'm not sure I would agree that we are all born Spiritually dead. Wouldn't that mean the babies would go to Hell if they died, since they are Spiritually dead?

I think this has something to do with Calvinism.

Well, yeah, but I really didn't think spiritual death was that much of a contested topic. However, it is where the concept of total depravity comes from, so I reckon so. It's like I've said before, we weren't just a little spiritually sick, we were spiritually dead! And that's why salvation is a supernatural gift. If we weren't spiritually dead, then frankly we didn't need Christ. Grace isn't all that spectacular if not for being dead. Here is a C&P of a short 3 paragraph basic scriptural explanation.
https://www.gotquestions.org/spiritually-dead.html

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: Deadwood] #2001398
01/23/17 10:52 AM
01/23/17 10:52 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
Originally Posted By: Deadwood
Why is rape and incest an acceptable reason to murder a baby? It's the same thing to me - another unwanted baby, but for different reasons. How do you think God would view that excuse? The baby could be put up for adoption if the circumstances made the thought of that baby repulsive. A life is a life.
One of the longest conversation I have ever had with a pastor was on this topic. In said discussion, some of the concern was with the mother during the pregnancy. Self-harm, unmeasurable resentment, reliving the trama when you look down, were just some of the examples we talked about.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: ikillbux] #2001406
01/23/17 10:57 AM
01/23/17 10:57 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL

Well, yeah, but I really didn't think spiritual death was that much of a contested topic. However, it is where the concept of total depravity comes from, so I reckon so. It's like I've said before, we weren't just a little spiritually sick, we were spiritually dead! And that's why salvation is a supernatural gift. If we weren't spiritually dead, then frankly we didn't need Christ. Grace isn't all that spectacular if not for being dead. Here is a C&P of a short 3 paragraph basic scriptural explanation.
Time (aging) does not equal death. Sin equals death.

Last edited by jmudler; 01/23/17 10:58 AM.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: Booger] #2001412
01/23/17 11:01 AM
01/23/17 11:01 AM
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL
Originally Posted By: Booger
Thanks Recurve. That pretty much explains it. I never knew that. Still sad.

Absolutely. I don't agree with it and don't think it should be that way...didn't want to imply that with the post. Info purposes only

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan
Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: jmudler] #2001418
01/23/17 11:08 AM
01/23/17 11:08 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: jmudler

Time (aging) does not equal death. Sin equals death.

Twas the gist of the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus. And the whole "babies going to Hell" thing is a straw man, much like "did Adam have a belly button". No one is innocent, and not because they haven't performed an act of sin, but because they were genetically sinful. "Concieved in sin". Now, I'm not gonna make a case for infants being excluded from that, because I just don't know, but what I DO know is they were born fully dead in sin. Here's another short few paragraph teaching from a well respected scholar:
http://www.gty.org/resources/questions/Q...ly-go-to-heaven
But I don't want to divert from the original question of this entire thread... the women marching for "women's rights" (code name for abortion). Those women certainly fall in the spiritually dead category.

Last edited by ikillbux; 01/23/17 11:15 AM.

Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: eclipse829] #2001426
01/23/17 11:13 AM
01/23/17 11:13 AM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
No. It just means you value a dollar more than human life.

Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: Blessed] #2001595
01/23/17 01:32 PM
01/23/17 01:32 PM
West Florida
westflgator Offline
10 point
westflgator  Offline
10 point
West Florida
Originally Posted By: Blessed
Think about this its illegal to kill a eagle you get jail time and $5,000 plus fine but its ok to abort a living baby . God help us , we need prayer in this country when a bird has more rights than a child of God .

Or turtle eggs on the beach

Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: jmudler] #2001610
01/23/17 01:55 PM
01/23/17 01:55 PM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

One of the longest conversation I have ever had with a pastor was on this topic. In said discussion, some of the concern was with the mother during the pregnancy. Self-harm, unmeasurable resentment, reliving the trama when you look down, were just some of the examples we talked about.

So it's ok to punish a child for the sins of his father? Well then round up all the children of murderers and kill them all.

Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2001646
01/23/17 02:22 PM
01/23/17 02:22 PM
Cape San Blas, Florida
D
Deadwood Offline
Footbsll Bat PSYOPS
Deadwood  Offline
Footbsll Bat PSYOPS
D
Cape San Blas, Florida
Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

So it's ok to punish a child for the sins of his father? Well then round up all the children of murderers and kill them all.

I agree with SBS.

As sad, disgusting, and invasive as these acts of violence are (rape), we human beings, particularly those approaching adulthood, are better equipped to deal with and process these thoughts and actions and understand that this world sometimes deals crappy hands to some of its population. The adults thrown into situations like this through no fault of their own still have a responsibility to the child, no matter how they feel about the act or what the cost in mental or physical wellbeing to themselves. The child MUST come first. That is the natural order of things that I believe we are charged with. That holds true even if you have no belief in any entity. I don't want to know anyone that believes otherwise.

Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: ikillbux] #2001670
01/23/17 02:33 PM
01/23/17 02:33 PM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama

Because this is not a legal issue, nor even a moral issue, it's a spiritual issue. And spiritual things can only be Spiritually discerned (use of capital S on purpose). We are all born spiritually dead (actually at enmity with God), so we shouldn't be surprised when spiritually dead enemies of God are not just ignorant of spiritual matters, but actually are at odds with them. To use a "churchy" term...they're lost.

Life is an "imago dei" issue. We are created in the image of God, upon conception (actually He knew us before the womb). So it's no shock when those who shake their fist at God, also shake their fist at the idea of being created in His image. To be FOR abortion is not a scientific debate, it's a line drawn in the sand over spiritual matters.

I would agree that all consenting adults need to be born again, but I'm not sure I would agree that we are all born Spiritually dead. Wouldn't that mean the babies would go to Hell if they died, since they are Spiritually dead?

Are you a Calvinist?

Re: Serious question about the unborn babies and the law. [Re: R_H_Clark] #2001760
01/23/17 03:22 PM
01/23/17 03:22 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL

Are you a Calvinist?

Yes. I prefer to use the word "Reformed" because I'm not absolutely congruent with pure Calvinism (the whole TULIP thing). I'm more of a "Martin Lutherist" for lack of a better description.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.