Wilborn Outdoors http://www.rayonierhunting.com/ Alabama Hog Control Alabama DCNR GameCheck Information Motivated Movers ThermaGuard Windows!
Serious Deer Talk
Food plots taller than normal this year.
by mike35549
09:10 AM
Your most useful hunting accessory
by roadkill
08:25 AM
LFTT 12/20
by brett.smith
06:45 AM
LFTT
by jnall
06:44 AM
High fence bucks
by fromthedepths
10:56 PM
Aldeer Classifieds
Used Cooper Discoverer ST
by DMC
11:14 AM
Wtt mathews outback
by Justin88
08:02 PM
Mossberg 410 pump
by Bar7Mag
07:11 PM
WTB Jeep Wrangler
by NoHuntin
07:00 PM
22 trade for trolling motor
by dburgett
06:08 PM
Alabama Radar
Who's Online
144 registered (270shooter, JW, shooters, Publicland, BOW-up-2009, Matt Brock, Bandit635, dirkdaddy, Lung_buster, Chad Burnette, james, Coilspring, 270_Cal, Acorn, XV, 257wbymag, bamafarmer, N2TRKYS, Tin_Man, bgarrett, lefthorn, Skullworks, msims767, whack-n-stack, Four_Horse, MattIce, bigcountry692001, RedArrow3, aubigmac, coyotehunter, hippi, charlie, booner, Browning7Mag, Eutaw, dawgdr, brd825, foldemup, tfd1224, k bush, Ethan_Baker, Allen73, BuckSpear, hopper35005, splitbrows25, scarr75, twaldrop4, SMB44, click-boom, Tree Hanger, Valleyhunter106, Turkey_neck, LowBird, Buckkiller77, MoonDog, Big Rack, DMC, Turkey, hunterturf, NortonZ7, Bamarich2, Ian, DeepSouthHunter, superdave, Rocket62, johnv, M48scout, grundan, toothdoc, Slughunter, daniel white, Bamabucks14, BruteX, slgunnel, JA, seachaser, RonBuck, Driver, akbejeepin, JonA, Moose24, gundoc, top cat, jeffpike83, MTeague, Bustinbeards, BatesConst, BrotherTurtle, EarlPitts, BayedUp, nacho, josht101, Beadlescomb, RBIII, Zkd22, Buckedup, buzzbait, ghost rabbit, BOFF, MidnightRider, kilntyme, Slingshot, gatorbait154, bates2rw, Stickem, MarkBAMA, Seth86, coldtrail, Big AL 76, abolthunter, Jstocks, slayinbucks24/7, Phil_Army, BAK0105, bearcreekmatt, bamamed1, gunny, roadkill, bama7x57, Peachpicker06, Megatrondiablo, biglmbass, trlrdrdave, mick, BhamFred, GHTiger10, TCEncore308, DaBreeze, deadeye, brett.smith, Boxhauler, BBD1Snake, 12 invisible), 284 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#615917 - 06/27/13 03:38 PM Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden
skintback Offline
8 point

Loc: Monroe County, AL
What are people freaking thinking now a days! mad

WSFA 12 Story

#615932 - 06/27/13 04:21 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
Rebelman Offline
Aldeer Sponsor

Loc: South Alabama
Small potatoes for Camden.

#615972 - 06/27/13 05:17 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: Rebelman]
extreme heights hunter Offline
10 point

Loc: pensacola fl
Originally Posted By: Rebelman
Small potatoes for Camden.

What chu talkin bout Willis???

#615975 - 06/27/13 05:24 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
NightHunter Offline
10 point

Loc: Holly Pond, AL
Reb hit the nail on the head.

This is the least of the problems in Wilcox county... unfortunately frown

#616015 - 06/27/13 06:50 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: NightHunter]
extreme heights hunter Offline
10 point

Loc: pensacola fl
I guess neither of you are going to elaborate on this?

#616018 - 06/27/13 06:54 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: extreme heights hunter]
bill Offline
Booner

Loc: South Georgia and Greenville, ...

Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter

The whole county is crooked, especially the sheriffs office, and everyone knows it.

#616233 - 06/28/13 07:55 AM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
Bowfool Offline
10 point

Loc: Yoga Pants Capitol of the US
I had a custom trailer stolen from my lease. Three years late I see it behind a truck and detain the guy and call the cops. Turns out he was a Wilcox County Commissioner, and, the cops never showed. I took picks and went to the law and they said there was nothing I could do to prove it was mine if I didn't have a bill of sale with a serial number on it (which I didn't since it was a handmade). Even the churches down there hold classes to teach residents how to get "crazy checks" and other guberment dollars for their kids!

#616243 - 06/28/13 08:05 AM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: Bowfool]
YEKRUT Offline
Yeeee yeee

Loc: North Alabama
Originally Posted By: Bowfool
I had a custom trailer stolen from my lease. Three years late I see it behind a truck and detain the guy and call the cops. Turns out he was a Wilcox County Commissioner, and, the cops never showed. I took picks and went to the law and they said there was nothing I could do to prove it was mine if I didn't have a bill of sale with a serial number on it (which I didn't since it was a handmade).

If that's the case I would go get that sucker back and dare him to come get it.

#616246 - 06/28/13 08:09 AM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
BhamFred Online   content
TcHunter's Paw Paw

Loc: alabama
wasn't like that when "Lummie" Jenkins was the top law dog there....

#616262 - 06/28/13 08:45 AM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
deadeye Online   content
14 point

Loc: Monroe County, AL
Nope,, Mr Lummie kept things straight. He did not have to go look for anybody, he just "sent word" to come see him.

Ever hear the story about Mr Lummie's "truth serum"? LOL

Edited by deadeye (06/28/13 08:55 AM)

He alone is educated who has learned the lessons of open-mindedness

#616278 - 06/28/13 09:19 AM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: deadeye]
SwampHunter Offline
10 point

Loc: Camden, AL
Clarke County Sheriff recently busted a theft ring of Wilcox Co. residents, one of which is the son of a Commissioner. Wonder if it is the same one? Rickel Powell is the son.

#616408 - 06/28/13 02:33 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: extreme heights hunter]
Avengedsevenfold Offline
6 point

Loc: Behind you
What chu talkin bout Willis???

Ain't heard that in a while

"You want to win the War?
KNOW WHAT YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR" Slipknot "Custer"

#616429 - 06/28/13 03:06 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: YEKRUT]
Bowfool Offline
10 point

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
Originally Posted By: Bowfool
I had a custom trailer stolen from my lease. Three years late I see it behind a truck and detain the guy and call the cops. Turns out he was a Wilcox County Commissioner, and, the cops never showed. I took picks and went to the law and they said there was nothing I could do to prove it was mine if I didn't have a bill of sale with a serial number on it (which I didn't since it was a handmade).

If that's the case I would go get that sucker back and dare him to come get it.

I was going to but now he isn't keeping it at his house since I went to the law. Maybe he sold it, who knows.

#616431 - 06/28/13 03:08 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: SwampHunter]
Bowfool Offline
10 point

Originally Posted By: SwampHunter
Clarke County Sheriff recently busted a theft ring of Wilcox Co. residents, one of which is the son of a Commissioner. Wonder if it is the same one? Rickel Powell is the son.

No it's a different one. They're all freaking crooks!

#616485 - 06/28/13 05:44 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
Hogwild Offline
14 point

Loc: Thomasville, AL
Demographics.......

There is a reason that it is one of the poorest counties in the State!!!

#616489 - 06/28/13 05:49 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: Hogwild]
Rebelman Offline
Aldeer Sponsor

Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Demographics.......

One of the poorest in the country in a report I read a few years ago.

#616490 - 06/28/13 05:51 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
Rebelman Offline
Aldeer Sponsor

#616491 - 06/28/13 05:51 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: Rebelman]
Hogwild Offline
14 point

Originally Posted By: Rebelman

Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Demographics.......

One of the poorest in the country in a report I read a few years ago.

It's Paula Deen's fault!!! smile

#616496 - 06/28/13 05:56 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: Hogwild]
PaschalBD Offline
Used to be TiderBD

Loc: Panhandle Florida
[/quote]

It's Paula Deen's fault!!! smile [/quote]
Bout time you joined some conversations. You letting that stinkin work thing get in the way? smile

Edited by tiderbd (06/28/13 05:56 PM)

USAF Veteran

#616500 - 06/28/13 06:13 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
Hogwild Offline
14 point

Between work and a good friend and his family having a BAD wreck......it has been pretty hectic around here!

But, I am still kicking!!

#619501 - 07/05/13 12:22 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
BPS Offline
8 point

Loc: Near the Trussell
Back in the late 70's, early 80's a couple of my relatives were poaching on a big land owners Bain Henderson's property in Wilcox Co. No doubt they were being stupid. As soon as they got up in the treestand, they heard someone scream, "Alright you Son of a Bitches come outta there"! They climb down and go over to the truck. There stood the game warden, 2 black policeman and 2 of Hendersons sons. They had beaten the metal on the truck to a pulp with a baseball bat, flattened tires, busted windows and stole a 22 rifle and a crown royal bag full of quarters. There wasnt a whole lot said once they got back to the truck. My relative told the officers that yes we are poaching, write me a ticket or take me to jail but what are you going to do about what the sons did my truck? All of the officers that were there said "we aint seen nothing". They loaded my 2 relatives up took them back to the state park where they were staying. The cop did let them stop at a convient store for beer before dropping them off at Roland Cooper SP. My relatives truck had to be towed back to Birmingham for all repairs. Cost him around $2000. My relative that owned the truck called the prosecutor and asked him about pressing charges for damages done to his truck and the prosecutor replied, " Sir, if you ever plan on coming back to Wilcox County, I would recommend you not pursue any charges against Mr. BH." My relative clearly understood what that meant and that was the end of it. Not to say they were not in the wrong because clearly they were. But from what it appeared, those LEO were all in the landowners back pockets. It was also rumored that the landowner had killed a couple poachers after their incident. Apparently Wilcox Co is like one of those one horse towns you see on TV.

Edited by BPS (07/05/13 12:28 PM)

#619511 - 07/05/13 12:43 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
BhamFred Online   content
TcHunter's Paw Paw

Loc: alabama
It takes a special kind of stupid to poach on any Henderson property in Wilcox Co. From other stories I've heard I'd say they got off light.

I hunted for years with Fred Henderson, Bains oldest son, before his untimely death in a truck wreck. I had keys to all the Henderson land in Wilcox with permission to hunt it anytime I wanted, just call and let him know I was going.

#619520 - 07/05/13 12:53 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback]
BPS Offline
8 point

Loc: Near the Trussell
No doubt they were stupid. And I would say that it worked because they never stepped foot on his property again.

#619529 - 07/05/13 01:11 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: extreme heights hunter]
NightHunter Offline
10 point

Loc: Holly Pond, AL
Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Lets just say nothing good happens after dark in Wilcox County. Being a landowner there just makes you have to deal with all the crap. Crooked aint the word...

#619533 - 07/05/13 01:14 PM Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: BPS]
49er Offline
Booner

Loc: Warrior River Country
Here's a link to a news article about Bain Henderson's trial hearing for killing Herman Wayne Adams, a Midfield man who was on his property:

Court hearing marked by judge/DA wrangling: Tuscaloosa News December 16, 1981

link to article *** click here ***

I remember reading about the incident in our Bham papers at the time it happened.

Here's Mr. Henderson's Obituary:
Quote:
Fred Bain Henderson

Fred Bain Henderson, 78, of Millers Ferry, died at his home February 6, 2004.

He is survived by his wife, Elizabeth Liddell Henderson, three sons, Thomas Ervin (Sandra) Henderson; Samuel James (Vivian) Henderson; Timothy Kevin (Raylaine) Henderson; all of Millers Ferry; one daughter, Sara Henderson (Lee) Moore of Lake Jordan; a stepson, Stephen Williams (Marie) Hixon III, Montgomery; a stepdaughter Laura Hixon (David) Darden, Millbrook; two sisters, Hettie Henderson Harrington, Montgomery; Marjorie Bruce Henderson, Camden and 14 grandchildren.

Mr. Henderson was preceded in death by a son, Fred Henderson II and a wife, Mary Ann Cunningham Henderson of Millers Ferry.

Bain Henderson graduated high school from Marion Military Institute in 1943, volunteered for the Marine Corps and served in the South Pacific during WWII. He was honorably discharged as a corporal in 1945. He graduated from Auburn University in 1949 with a degree in Agriculture and was a member of the Sigma Nu Fraternity. Bain Henderson was a lifetime member of the Wild Turkey Federation, Southeastern Livestock Exposition, Auburn Alumni Association and the American Quarterhorse Association.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >