</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB
by Okalona. 03/28/24 07:44 AM
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Ruger M77 6mm heavy barrel with Nikon Monarch
by bradbathome. 03/27/24 04:42 PM
Carpet Installation Equipment
by hunter84. 03/27/24 07:12 AM
$20013hp all-power side shaft generator motor
by HollerHunter. 03/26/24 07:43 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Hollywood Buck.
by daylate. 03/28/24 10:08 AM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by Mbrock. 03/27/24 07:53 PM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
118 registered members (Bmyers142, BCLC, DMC, Jdkprp70, abolt300, Gobble4me757, 7PTSPREAD, buck_buster, Chaser1, Chiller, Okatuppa, Mully, JA, Zzzfog, Bjoff27, BigEd, WEMOhunter, Whitebone, Mike0360, Semo, Okalona, Smitty4Bama, jake44, RidgeRanger, Ben2, 000buck, Solothurn, TexasHuntress, NVM1031, DaffyDucksWorstNightmare, jwalker77, Morris, skymech, TDog93, Dixiepatriot, crenshawco, Tree Dweller, Gut Pile 32, ts1979flh, aucountry, treemydog, Shaneomac2, IMISSALDEER, gastoka, burbank, Showout, Moose24, oldforester, knock him down, buzzard, taggedout, GMR, outdoorguy88, fillmore, dawgdr, Roondog, Frogeye, Reaper, hallb, ken1970, Atoler, biglmbass, CTMS, trlrdrdave, pcola4, Fishduck, Big Game Hunter, CrappieMan, roll_tide_hunts, dustymac, Crawfish, gatorbait154, Vernon Tull, BCD, misfire, RebFormanUDA, cchoque93, Dazzler, Stu, fur_n_feathers, doublefistful, TCG5, BhamFred, Hoof2table, MarkAlan, Uokman2014, Treelimb, alhawk, DoubleB, ChiefO, ShaftOne, foldemup, WPZJR, HHSyelper, Quack Quack Bang, GomerPyle, 3Gs, Jweeks, goodman_hunter, hunterturf, jdhunter2011, JCL, thayerp81, Captain Howdy, clayk, 13 invisible), 517 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Question for Hunting Club Members [Re: Broken Arrow H.C] #3903723
04/30/23 09:03 AM
04/30/23 09:03 AM
Hoover,Al. StateChamps
B
Big Bore Offline
10 point
Big Bore  Offline
10 point
B
Hoover,Al. StateChamps
Have less total members and charge more $$$.

Hunting brings out the worst in people.
Re: Question for Hunting Club Members [Re: Broken Arrow H.C] #3905106
05/03/23 08:13 AM
05/03/23 08:13 AM
shelby county
B
buzzard Online content
14 point
buzzard  Online Content
14 point
B
shelby county
Put a club limit on birds. I'd go with a 2 bird limit with that many members.
JMO

"Hell with them fellows, buzzard got to eat same as a worm"
Josey Wales

Re: Question for Hunting Club Members [Re: Shaneomac2] #3905172
05/03/23 10:47 AM
05/03/23 10:47 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
SEEING all these replies i may rethink my decision on trying out turkey hunting. Seems more politics involved than deer hunting.... Sheesh!

It's like this.... at a point, the turkey hunter has to police his self. If I was in a club, and I knew anyone other than me turkey hunted, I would choose to just turkey hunt elsewhere (instead of trying to come up with some complicated system to keep ourselves spread apart). Yeah, that's unfortunate (because, after all, it's a HUNTING club), but I know myself well enough to know that I don't play well with others in general, and 101% don't when it comes to turkey hunting. There ain't gonna be a turkey gobbling on every corner of the property, and on any given day there might be one in this area, or that area, or who the heck knows where LOL. So I'm not gonna take a fluke luck chance of driving to the club and not even know if I'll be around a turkey, and I DANG sure ain't gonna stay in my area while one burns the woods up in another area. If I can't go to any turkey I hear, I'm self-electing not to hunt there. It's okay, it really is.

There's just not an answer to the quandry....other than the hunters themselves have to self-elect not to hunt there, or just the personality type who isn't spun up about matters like this.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: Question for Hunting Club Members [Re: Broken Arrow H.C] #3905458
05/04/23 12:02 AM
05/04/23 12:02 AM
alabama
outdoors1 Offline
10 point
outdoors1  Offline
10 point
alabama
Whether it's deer, turkey, or any other game the overall plan should be to have plenty for next year. Ever see those that want to shoot them all and leave none for others. It is easy to see how 16 folks on 2200 acres could be too many in some areas of Alabama for deer or turkey. Ask yourself how many turkey do you have and set a limit then on how many to harvest that year and make sure there is not the one hunter taking the limit by himself.

Re: Question for Hunting Club Members [Re: ikillbux] #3905526
05/04/23 08:28 AM
05/04/23 08:28 AM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted by ikillbux
SEEING all these replies i may rethink my decision on trying out turkey hunting. Seems more politics involved than deer hunting.... Sheesh!

It's like this.... at a point, the turkey hunter has to police his self. If I was in a club, and I knew anyone other than me turkey hunted, I would choose to just turkey hunt elsewhere (instead of trying to come up with some complicated system to keep ourselves spread apart). Yeah, that's unfortunate (because, after all, it's a HUNTING club), but I know myself well enough to know that I don't play well with others in general, and 101% don't when it comes to turkey hunting. There ain't gonna be a turkey gobbling on every corner of the property, and on any given day there might be one in this area, or that area, or who the heck knows where LOL. So I'm not gonna take a fluke luck chance of driving to the club and not even know if I'll be around a turkey, and I DANG sure ain't gonna stay in my area while one burns the woods up in another area. If I can't go to any turkey I hear, I'm self-electing not to hunt there. It's okay, it really is.

There's just not an answer to the quandry....other than the hunters themselves have to self-elect not to hunt there, or just the personality type who isn't spun up about matters like this.

I'm curious as to where you turkey hunt to never have to listen to a gobbling turkey that you can't go to that morning? That happens to me multiple times a season. Many times a turkey is across the property line and too far away to call. There's nothing to do but to look for another one. Other times someone I'm hunting with is on the turkey and I'm sure not gonna go in on him and mess up his hunt

I count 6 mornings this past season that I listened to turkeys gobble and wasn't able to hunt them, and that's pretty normal. I would rather be able to go to any turkey that gobbles, but I don't know of a way to make that happen. Even when I hunted a lot of public land there were times when the turkey would be on the private side.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: Question for Hunting Club Members [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #3905640
05/04/23 12:17 PM
05/04/23 12:17 PM
Tuscaloosa, AL
Nightwatchman Offline
8 point
Nightwatchman  Offline
8 point
Tuscaloosa, AL
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

I'm curious as to where you turkey hunt to never have to listen to a gobbling turkey that you can't go to that morning? That happens to me multiple times a season. Many times a turkey is across the property line and too far away to call. There's nothing to do but to look for another one. Other times someone I'm hunting with is on the turkey and I'm sure not gonna go in on him and mess up his hunt

I count 6 mornings this past season that I listened to turkeys gobble and wasn't able to hunt them, and that's pretty normal. I would rather be able to go to any turkey that gobbles, but I don't know of a way to make that happen. Even when I hunted a lot of public land there were times when the turkey would be on the private side.

Frustrating when one is gobbling REALLY well on the ground at about that 250 yard mark but there's a property line between you and him. all you can do is sit up against the tree with paint on it and do your best.

Re: Question for Hunting Club Members [Re: Nightwatchman] #3905941
05/04/23 09:55 PM
05/04/23 09:55 PM
Northwest Bama
R
Ridge Life Offline
14 point
Ridge Life  Offline
14 point
R
Northwest Bama
Originally Posted by Nightwatchman
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

Frustrating when one is gobbling REALLY well on the ground at about that 250 yard mark but there's a property line between you and him. all you can do is sit up against the tree with paint on it and do your best.

When you put your back on the painted tree, are you facing your way or his way…..😁
Nothing more frustrating than having to turn your back to a bird fired up deep into the joining property.

Re: Question for Hunting Club Members [Re: Shaneomac2] #3905970
05/05/23 01:22 AM
05/05/23 01:22 AM
Central Al
twaldrop4 Offline
10 point
twaldrop4  Offline
10 point
Central Al

There is way more politics/ drama to turkey hunting than deer. Turkey hunters CAN be some selfish possessive people and I’ve been around a few that will also get there panties in a wad if someone else is hunting “their” area or isn’t hunting how they think they should.

I understand some of it but some of it I think is silly. Deer hunting is a little more straight forward on how to manage land and people

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.