Ive always used the Hoppes #9 and some aerosol spray foaming stuff to remove copper from my rifle barrels and thought it was clean. I recently asked my cousin who is a semi-retired gunsmith what he used to remove copper from the rifling and lands of the barrel. He told me he only uses a product by Bore Tech called Cu+2 copper remover. So I ordered some ( the large 16 oz size) thru Amazon last Monday and had it by Wednesday. I first tried it on my AR 243 barrel that I "thought" was clean. I mean I cleaned it like I normally do after the last time it was shot about 6 months ago. Let me tell yall...I am blown away by the amount of copper this stuff removed!! I did the wet patches, then nylon brushed it several different cycles, and blue patches kept coming and coming. After about 15 to 20 patches I finally stared getting cleaner and cleaner patches. I dont think I will ever use anything else to do the job. And there is no odor to it either, which is nice.
I just wanted to pass this on . There may be some out there that use a similar product which is fine if it gets the job done but this stuff just flat works!!!! thumbup
I am also going to post this on the gun forum so others can see it.
John