Originally Posted by ALclearcut
Originally Posted by Strictlybow
Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
All the deer in Geneva county were in Holmes county Florida over the weekend. At least that’s what it looked like to me. I’m sure that they’ll be back in Bama in October.

That’s funny that you say that. We saw more deer, 30-40, on hwy 79 south of 10/Bonifay Friday night than we ever have.

That is not a coincidence. That part of Florida limits rifle killing of does to 3 weekends a year and bucks to 6 points or bigger. And the hunting is better just across the Florida side of the line than a few miles north into the Alabama side in Geneva and Houston County AL. More deer, more bucks, and older bucks. Something is wrong with how we regulate deer in Alabama when you can see more or better deer across the FL line than in much of south AL.

Really do not agree with this statement after speaking to numerous people in both counties over the years! Geneva may have bigger deer.
Really depends on your neighbors or property in either state. I know of a guy that killed 3-6+ point plus bucks one year in Holmes county some years ago, all just average or below average deer for Alabama or Florida. I have personally hunted on properties in both counties too. Not the best and the worse I ever hunted. Can be the worse if you are adjacent to brown it's down dog hunters or stalk hunters! Lot's of those! Some folks feed their families off deer in those two counties and they care nothing above state limits or rules. Their #1 rule is don't shoot all the doe's or you don't eat! We all should learn that!