I will hunt primary scrapes in thick cover but the small satellite scrapes out in the open don't get my attention. Now what I call thick and what someone else does may vary but most if not all my bucks are shot within 25yds and that is pushing it to the far side. Typically I do not hunt scrapes, but my best stand locations usually if not always have them come prime time.

Last year I shot a mature 9pt and a 8pt, both working scrapes. The 9pt was at 3:30pm, he was coming up a point out of a 4yr old cutover into some thick select cut. Every now and then I could see his feet coming up the ridge and the sun glare off his horns. By the time he made it to the scrape, which was only 10yds from me, to say my I was shook up was an understatement.
The 8pt was on an inside corner of a fish pond damn surrounded by thick cutover and select cut timber. He came in to freshen up a scrape that was located dead at the corner at 4:30pm.

Two years ago I killed a big mature 8pt at 8am working over a large scrape. I could hear him slipping through but did not lay eyes on him til he popped in a small clearing about 15yds out to freshen the scrape.