</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB .22 LR Bolt Action
by Cuz-Pat. 04/23/24 09:19 PM
Iso Henry Golden boy
by AustinC. 04/23/24 08:32 PM
Basketball goal.... Free
by longshot. 04/23/24 06:18 PM
FS: Henry Single Shot
by Ron A.. 04/23/24 05:41 PM
Honda Foreman 4WD
by eeua90. 04/23/24 01:35 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
46 registered members (Chancetribe, Whild_Bill, farmerjay, Booner Hunter, cullmanbamafan, DGAMBLER, Turkeyneck78, RareBreed, woodduck, TexasHuntress, Lonster, M48scout, BLP, top cat, Butchman205, turkey247, trlrdrdave, flounderpounder, BCLC, Forrestgump1, jake5050, auman, Mbrock, AU338MAG, Gobble4me757, BAR1225, Cactus_buck, twaldrop4, desertdog, Sixpointholler, Chaser357, SuperSpike, Dubie, bamabug, Mike0360, Tigger85, SEWoodsWhitetail, jaydub12, Hunting-231, DThrash, 6 invisible), 602 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: jallencrockett] #2870225
08/05/19 12:58 PM
08/05/19 12:58 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Originally Posted by jallencrockett
Question.. If a typical AR was shot continuously. How many rounds would it take to melt the barrel? Seems like those drums would melt a barrel prior to being emptied?

usually its the gas block that goes first i think. You could shoot 100 no problem though.

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: Southwood7] #2870226
08/05/19 12:59 PM
08/05/19 12:59 PM
Slidell, La
perchjerker Offline
Freak of Nature
perchjerker  Offline
Freak of Nature
Slidell, La
That depends on how cheap the materials used in the rifle are. There are videos on youtube of AR's burning up.
Cheap AR's.

Thomas Jefferson. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Life is too short to only hunt and fish on weekends!

If being a dumbass was fatal some of you would be on your death bed!

Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: CrappieMan] #2870231
08/05/19 01:00 PM
08/05/19 01:00 PM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by Triple J
Nope Republican.

Unfortunately there's liberal Republicans too.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: FurFlyin] #2870259
08/05/19 01:18 PM
08/05/19 01:18 PM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
You don't "NEED" military style weapons. But when a government goes tyrannical that has the weapons that they told us we don't "NEED" as civilians you can bet yourass you will "NEED" them then. Like others have said it's a slippery slope when the government decides what you can and can't have to defend yourself against all enemies foreign and domestic.

The government would just shoot you from a drone, or drop a bomb on your house. No way a citizen can defend themselves from the government, unless the military is in the civilians side

I agree 100%. While I agree our rights are to own guns, using the argument that we could use what we own to protect us from a tyrannical government is ludicrous. There are no civilian weapons and no amount of people that could stand against our government in war if push came to shove. You take the mandated rules of engagement off the table and Afghanistan would have been eliminated in a week without nuclear warfare.

Our forefathers were way smarter than that. This is why our country is a constitutional republic and not a democracy. Hence the electoral college. Not every member of the government would be a enemy of the people. Same with the military. If the left has it way and destroys our republic and have all the power, then y’all are damn right we wouldn’t stand a chance.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: Southwood7] #2870271
08/05/19 01:24 PM
08/05/19 01:24 PM
Alabama
O
One Leg Dan Offline
3 point
One Leg Dan  Offline
3 point
O
Alabama
We are talking about TOOLS.
People.with bad intentions can do bad things with just about anything.

Firearms.are.not the problem.

Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: jallencrockett] #2870276
08/05/19 01:29 PM
08/05/19 01:29 PM
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
hallb Offline
Booner
hallb  Offline
Booner
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
Question.. If a typical AR was shot continuously. How many rounds would it take to melt the barrel? Seems like those drums would melt a barrel prior to being emptied?

Chances are the drum will malfunction before the rifle. I'd rather have 30 round mags loaded and ready.

Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: jallencrockett] #2870280
08/05/19 01:31 PM
08/05/19 01:31 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County

There a video on youtube I think it was 800 at auto fire

Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: hallb] #2870282
08/05/19 01:33 PM
08/05/19 01:33 PM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by hallb

Chances are the drum will malfunction before the rifle. I'd rather have 30 round mags loaded and ready.

You can't fire a semiautomatic fast enough to melt the barrel.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: jallencrockett] #2870290
08/05/19 01:39 PM
08/05/19 01:39 PM
North AL
A
AU338MAG Online IMG_0051.GIF
Old Mossy Horns
AU338MAG  Online IMG_0051.GIF
Old Mossy Horns
A
North AL

Actually no and the gas system would probably fail before the barrel. Plenty of videos you can watch on this.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: Southwood7] #2870292
08/05/19 01:44 PM
08/05/19 01:44 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
First, the standard disclosure: I am HIGHLY Libertarian, nothing should be restricted or outlawed, if I want to own a freakin' Apache helicoptor with full weaponry, I should be able to. I'm never gonna say "nobody NEEDS such and such gun or attachment", it is of zero business to the government what I need/want/own.

Now, I said this on here once and got creamed for it, but I stand by it. "Gun nuts" are weirdos. Just about all of them I meet are socially awkward and I leave thinking "that dude is gonna shoot up the mall one day." And yes, I'm talking about people who just like to go to the range and "shoot guns", collectors of non-hunting guns, those are who into "AR's" and building/shooting/talking about these "assault weapon"-looking guns, tinkerers with weirdo calibers (here's looking at you, 6.5 Creedmoor guys), attendees to guns shows, especially if you don't also hunt. I always have this mental picture of two young dudes in Korn t-shirts, with a purple-haired goth girl sitting on the bench watching them, shooting about a dozen pistols and an AR. My first thought was "they probably stole those guns", then my second thought was "any minute now they're gonna want to know what that gun will do to me". They were just giddy with excitement and talked like fruit loops.

I am not into "guns", I am into hunting, and my interest in guns only goes insofar as a gun's performance for hunting. There's a big difference in me having a run-of-the-mill bolt action 30-06 with a scope that I deer hunt with (because I also own a bow, tons of camo, ATVs, 4wd trucks, treestands, hunting club membership, etc) and the weird dude with a granola Yankee accent (even though he's from Birmingham, AL???) being oddly interested in AR-15s and bump stocks and "30 round magazines". The one thing you've never seen is a hunter performing a mass shooting, you've never seen a mass murder with a Tikka 7mm-08 in stainless with a BDC scope and Muck rubber boots. There's a REASON all these mass shooters are weirdo personalities with AR-15s....the two go hand in hand, it's like the word association game. When you say AR-15, the first thing that comes to mind is "socially awkward 20-something wearing black boots and talking about mil-spec windage and body counts." And if that weirdo wingnut wants to buy one, then it's none of the government's business, but let's quit acting like there's not an obvious stigma and stereotype. A fascination with weaponry isn't normal....it may not signify a mass murderer, but I guarantee you mass murderers are fascinated with weaponry (and have no connection to outdoor sports).

I work next door to a gun store, and just this morning I was over there talking about this weekend's fishing trip with the guys at the fishing counter....there were two guys in there looking at guns, and they looked like fellas who had gone AWOL from the military, asking about weird technical ballistic specs and in general just looking, talking, and acting like the people they always show on TV shooting up a mall. I'm certain neither of them have ever even seen a deer outside the zoo, and they weren't looking at Browning turkey guns. They were acting so sketchy that I made up an excuse to walk back to my office.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: ikillbux] #2870307
08/05/19 02:01 PM
08/05/19 02:01 PM
Prattville, Alabama
Skullworks Offline
Freak of Nature
Skullworks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Prattville, Alabama
Originally Posted by ikillbux
First, the standard disclosure: I am HIGHLY Libertarian, nothing should be restricted or outlawed, if I want to own a freakin' Apache helicoptor with full weaponry, I should be able to. I'm never gonna say "nobody NEEDS such and such gun or attachment", it is of zero business to the government what I need/want/own.

Now, I said this on here once and got creamed for it, but I stand by it. "Gun nuts" are weirdos. Just about all of them I meet are socially awkward and I leave thinking "that dude is gonna shoot up the mall one day." And yes, I'm talking about people who just like to go to the range and "shoot guns", collectors of non-hunting guns, those are who into "AR's" and building/shooting/talking about these "assault weapon"-looking guns, tinkerers with weirdo calibers (here's looking at you, 6.5 Creedmoor guys), attendees to guns shows, especially if you don't also hunt. I always have this mental picture of two young dudes in Korn t-shirts, with a purple-haired goth girl sitting on the bench watching them, shooting about a dozen pistols and an AR. My first thought was "they probably stole those guns", then my second thought was "any minute now they're gonna want to know what that gun will do to me". They were just giddy with excitement and talked like fruit loops.

I am not into "guns", I am into hunting, and my interest in guns only goes insofar as a gun's performance for hunting. There's a big difference in me having a run-of-the-mill bolt action 30-06 with a scope that I deer hunt with (because I also own a bow, tons of camo, ATVs, 4wd trucks, treestands, hunting club membership, etc) and the weird dude with a granola Yankee accent (even though he's from Birmingham, AL???) being oddly interested in AR-15s and bump stocks and "30 round magazines". The one thing you've never seen is a hunter performing a mass shooting, you've never seen a mass murder with a Tikka 7mm-08 in stainless with a BDC scope and Muck rubber boots. There's a REASON all these mass shooters are weirdo personalities with AR-15s....the two go hand in hand, it's like the word association game. When you say AR-15, the first thing that comes to mind is "socially awkward 20-something wearing black boots and talking about mil-spec windage and body counts." And if that weirdo wingnut wants to buy one, then it's none of the government's business, but let's quit acting like there's not an obvious stigma and stereotype. A fascination with weaponry isn't normal....it may not signify a mass murderer, but I guarantee you mass murderers are fascinated with weaponry (and have no connection to outdoor sports).

I work next door to a gun store, and just this morning I was over there talking about this weekend's fishing trip with the guys at the fishing counter....there were two guys in there looking at guns, and they looked like fellas who had gone AWOL from the military, asking about weird technical ballistic specs and in general just looking, talking, and acting like the people they always show on TV shooting up a mall. I'm certain neither of them have ever even seen a deer outside the zoo, and they weren't looking at Browning turkey guns. They were acting so sketchy that I made up an excuse to walk back to my office.

Charles Whitman would disagree that hunters have never committed a mass murder.

"I'm not near as critical about how big they are as I once was. Smiles are more important now! We will grow more deer."
Jimmy G.
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: ikillbux] #2870309
08/05/19 02:02 PM
08/05/19 02:02 PM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL

Don't got patience to read that much. Summarize?

Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: ikillbux] #2870310
08/05/19 02:04 PM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
Now, I said this on here once and got creamed for it, but I stand by it. "Gun nuts" are weirdos. Just about all of them I meet are socially awkward and I leave thinking "that dude is gonna shoot up the mall one day." And yes, I'm talking about people who just like to go to the range and "shoot guns", collectors of non-hunting guns, those are who into "AR's" and building/shooting/talking about these "assault weapon"-looking guns, tinkerers with weirdo calibers (here's looking at you, 6.5 Creedmoor guys), attendees to guns shows, especially if you don't also hunt.

smile

[Linked Image]

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: Out back] #2870311
Prattville, Alabama
Skullworks Offline
Freak of Nature
Skullworks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Prattville, Alabama
Originally Posted by Out back

Anyone that likes guns other than hunters/hunting guns is a potential mass murder.

"I'm not near as critical about how big they are as I once was. Smiles are more important now! We will grow more deer."
Jimmy G.
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: Skullworks] #2870316
08/05/19 02:08 PM
08/05/19 02:08 PM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by Skullworks
Originally Posted by Out back

Anyone that likes guns other than hunters/hunting guns is a potential mass murder.

You could have said, "he's a brain dead phucking moron" and I would understand just fine. Thanks.

Last edited by Out back; 08/05/19 02:08 PM.

Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: Southwood7] #2870322
08/05/19 02:17 PM
08/05/19 02:17 PM
Bullock County
B
Bruno Offline
4 point
Bruno  Offline
4 point
B
Bullock County
What if: Someone set up on a hill above a Walmart parking lot with a bolt action 30-06 deer/sniper rifle?
What if : Someone walked in a bar with an 870 rem. 12ga with #4 buck?

What do you think the narrative would be then?

Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: jmudler] #2870323
08/05/19 02:19 PM
08/05/19 02:19 PM
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
Originally Posted by jmudler
Now, I said this on here once and got creamed for it, but I stand by it. "Gun nuts" are weirdos. Just about all of them I meet are socially awkward and I leave thinking "that dude is gonna shoot up the mall one day." And yes, I'm talking about people who just like to go to the range and "shoot guns", collectors of non-hunting guns, those are who into "AR's" and building/shooting/talking about these "assault weapon"-looking guns, tinkerers with weirdo calibers (here's looking at you, 6.5 Creedmoor guys), attendees to guns shows, especially if you don't also hunt.

[Linked Image]

Fify

How many people am i willing to sacrifice for freedom?
Everyone. All of them...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: Southwood7] #2870333
08/05/19 02:33 PM
08/05/19 02:33 PM
Wetumpka, Al
B
bdw32 Offline
6 point
bdw32  Offline
6 point
B
Wetumpka, Al
What’s wrong with korn shirts? Several of their members are big time Christians and has completely devoted their lives to God. Many videos of them praying with the audience before shows.

I’ve not heard the first real solution that’ll work by any politician. All I’m gathering is Americans are under attack and in danger because of white people and the only ones that can save us from this terrorizing is the Democrats.

Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: jmudler] #2870335
08/05/19 02:42 PM
08/05/19 02:42 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted by jmudler

smile

[Linked Image]

Now I have to say, that's one of the better gifs I've seen! rofl

I still feel the way I feel though. Prove me wrong. popcorn
I'll remind everybody...we are on a DEER HUNTING site, so probably not the precise audience I'm referring to.

Last edited by ikillbux; 08/05/19 02:44 PM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: Conner betts weapon ( Dayton OH shooter) [Re: Bruno] #2870337
08/05/19 02:43 PM
08/05/19 02:43 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Originally Posted by Bruno
What if: Someone set up on a hill above a Walmart parking lot with a bolt action 30-06 deer/sniper rifle?

What do you think the narrative would be then?

Honestly surprised this hasn't happened more frequently. The last time I can recall a hidden shooter getting away with it for a while were the ones in 2002 in DC, Maryland and Virginia.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.